I have a Nextbook Flexx 11 and my webcam isn't working and I also have a program that installed on windows 7 that will not install here

I have a Nextboock Flexx 11, and I am have upgraded to windows 10.  My webacam says it has the most current driver yet I get this message in the event viewer. 

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver camera.inf_x86_ca6b9472343d4777\camera.inf for Device Instance ID ROOT\IMAGE\0000 with the following status: 0x0.

I also have a beam sizing program that I had installed on windows 7 and windows 8.1, that will not install even after running the troubleshooter and it saying that it could install properly and the problem was solved.  This program is very important to me and I need to get it to install. 

Any ideas on either of the two

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with web cam and programs. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue. 

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

- Which program are you referring to?

- Is the issue confined to a single program or with other programs as well?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile I suggest you to try the Methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Perform a clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Clean Boot:

Notes

• You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot.

• Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists.

• If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you do not use the System Configuration utility to change the advanced boot options on the computer unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to do this. Doing this may make the computer unusable.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to perform a clean boot on your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Method 2

If the issue persists run SFC scan and check if it helps.

Summary

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

System file check works on Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, and win 10 

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same webcam issue. Stopped working the the Flexx 11.6 once migrated to windows 10. Also shows that everything is fine in webcam options manager.

I am running SFC right now, I will report back on what it says.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

At least for the webcam issue, SFC reporting nothing wrong.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Looks like an update pushed out on the same exact day fixed this issue for mine!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you let me know where can I get the update you are talking about.

I just bought my Flexx 10 a week ago and setting up I did upgrade to Windows 10. Now my webcam are not working.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What update? Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issues with my nextbook. it was bought in august of 2015, it had an issue with the keyboard connection, they sent me another one, and I again updated to windows 10 and just recently found that both the front and back cameras do not work, I thought it was the drivers needed updating, but that still did not work. If there is anything else that might work please let me know. I already contacted nextbookusa.com for help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't seem to be having this problem anymore but now its saying another app is using my camera so now i'm extremely worried

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 1, 2019 Views 3,246 Applies to: