I can't disable 'Driver Signature Enforcement'

I've had this problem before but was able to fix it by going shift-restarting and then pressing f7 to disable the device driver signature. I had to restore my pc from a backup, and now I am trying to do it again, but after I disable it, then I restart, it still gives me this error (I will attach it in the end). I've also already command prompt method with no luck by typing (bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF). Does anyone know hwo to fix this? right now, i don't have access to bcedit because I have the home edition. 

Question Info

Last updated October 16, 2019 Views 5,520 Applies to:

Hi Adrianne,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that disabling Driver Signature Enforcement fails and prompts error. I will certainly help you.

To understand the issue better, let us know the exact error message or error code you are receiving when the issue occurs.

I recommend to follow below steps to disable Driver Signature Enforcement and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Open the Windows command promt as "Run as Administrator".

Step 2: Run "bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" (without the "").

Step 3: To finalize the process run "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON" (without the "").

Step 4: Reboot the system

To disable, follow step 1 and run these commands on step 2 and 3:

Step 2: "bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" (without the "")

Step 3: "bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF" (without the "")

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This method did work until the Windows 10 update on or around Oct 11 2016.

Suddenly USB DAC mode stopped working and now trying to do-over, at the second step above I get the error message "an error value has occurred setting the element data. The value is protected by Secure boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted". Sounds kind of final. Please help.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.