How to reset Font settings in Windows 10

Original title: if not serious this would be funny

I've installed Danish on my computer together with English. I tested it out to see if everything was Danish and it was. I then put it back to English, what do you think I've got? 99% English and 1% Danish.

How did this happen???? How do you fix it?????

I've done exactly the same to my Laptop. Works like a dream. Switch to Danish and it's all Danish. Go back to English and it's all English.

LOL

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2019 Views 28,852 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Erik,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Method 1: I would suggest you to uninstall the Danish language pack entirely and check if it helps.

Method 2:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog. Type services.msc and press Enter

2. Select the service named Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 and click on the stop button in the toolbar. (If this service is not running, then there is no need to stop the service).

3. Press Windows key  + R. Type %WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData and press Enter.

4. Click on the Continue button to gain permissions.

5. Double-click on the sub-folder named Local. Inside the Local folder, you would find several files which have their names starting with ~FontCache-. Select all these files and delete them. Do not delete any folders even if they are empty.

6. Reboot your computer. When Windows restarts, it will rebuild a new font cache. Now you should not see any misplaced or strange font’s issues.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Thanks & Regards
Joy

32 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.