How to change "sound control panel" settings in Windows 10

Bitrate For Audio Playback and Bits Per Sample For Audio

Use these settings to fine-tune audio playback quality. For best results, the settings must match your settings in the Sound control panel in Windows.

In iTunes Edit/Preferences/Playback, there are user selected settings for audio sample rate and audio bits/sample. I found the above description in the iTunes documentation, i.e., "For best results (i.e., audio playback), the settings must match your settings in the Sound control panel in Windows"

How can I check the Windows sound control panel settings, and change them if necessary???

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated December 11, 2019 Views 62,061 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

The sample rate and bit depth are usually set to 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz. If you want to verify your speaker's sample rate and bit depth that is set on your PC, then follow these steps to get into your speakers Advanced settings:

1. Right-click the Speaker icon in your system tray and click Playback devices.
  2. Select your speaker, then click Properties.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. Click the drop-down and it will show you the sample rate and bit depths options as shown in the photo below:

5. You can adjust it according to your preference. Once done, click Apply, then OK.

Feel free to let us know if you need further information.

Regards.

45 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.