How to change my main account in the pc of windows 10

I want to change this main account to be of another email
in that shaded portion there is an email

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Priya. I'm Greg, an eleven years awarded MVP, Volunteer Moderator, and Independent Advisor here to help you until this is resolved.

I see in your screenshot the link is missing to Sign in with a Local Account instead, which is how you'd change to a Local Account and then change back to a new MS account while keeping the same WWindows 10 account. You might try clicking on the link to Stop Signing in to all MS Apps automatically to see if it returns the link to change it to a Local Account. If so that is the best way to change emails because you get to keep your same Windows 10 account.

When that link is missing, your only option is to create a new MS Account using the new email address at Settings > Account > Family & Other Users > Other Users. Sign into it, move your files over from C:\Users to the new Account, go into Manage Your MS Account from the link in Settings > Your Info to change your Display name to what you want. Then when ready delete the old account in Family & Other Users.

I hope this helps. Based on what you report back I can answer any questions and may have other steps to perform. If you'll wait to rate whether my post resolved your problem, I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Go Settings, Accounts, Manage my Microsoft account.  There are a lot of things that you can do.
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I signed in with a school account so it is not activating my windows cause my school does not support activation and apps of microsoft office dont run and I cant personalize the profile also and there is no link that you are talking about

what to do?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

and when try to activate my windows this happens

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Priya -

May I ask why you just gave me a bad rating on the thread when I asked you to wait until I had the chance to help you further? I was busily replying to you when I see the bad rating appear, which affects my standing here for trying my best to help you.

They way you disconnect a school or work account is to go into Settings > Accounts > Access School and Work, highlight the account and choose Disconnect.

This may return the link in Settings > Accounts > Your Info to Change to a Local Account Instead, so you can choose that, then Change to a MS Account instead and add your desired MS Account.

If not then create the new MS account fresh in Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users > Other Users, sign into it to move your files over.

Activation -

How was Windows 10 originally Activated on the PC? Did it come preinstalled from Factory, was it Upgraded with free or paid Upgrade, or was it a retail copy and license?

For Upgrade when you first upgraded and it activated it assigned a permanent Digital License to the PC in Microsoft Activation Servers so you can reinstall any time and in any way you want as long as you reinstall the licensed version. It should reactivate soon after going online.

Factory installs have the Product Key embedded in BIOS or UEFI firmware and should activate themselves, but you can check for the key by installing ProducKey and look for OEM-BIOS key: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/produkey-x64.zip

Retail keys must be reinserted for reinstalls during install or in Settings.

What is the Status and Edition shown at the top of the page at Settings > Update & Security > Activation?

Run the Activation Troubleshooter at Settings > Update & Security > Activation.

If this fails you can contact Microsoft Support: https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

A school account uses Volume Licensing which can only be applied by the school using their on-site activation server. You have Home version which doesn't even use Volume Licensing.   A school normally uses Education version.  You should discuss this with your School IT desk, every school has one.

If your laptop came with Windows preinstalled then it should have the Product Key embedded in the BIOS/UEFI Firmware chip on the motherboard. You can read this key by running ProducKey from http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/produkey-x64.zip and look for the OEM-BIOS key, copy and paste it into Settings> Update & Security > Activation.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 568 Applies to: