Horizontal Lines Appear During Video Playback from Some Sources

I am running Windows 10 (64 bit) on a Sony Flip 2 in 1.   During video playback from select sources I see horizontal lines across the right hand portion of the screen (As shown in image below/attached)

This problem occur in multiple video formats (mp4, m2ts, wmv) and acrosss multiple applications (Windows Media Player, Movie Maker, Windows 10 Movies & TV)  

It also happens selectively when viewing web videos and he issue varies when viewed from Chrome (works) vs Edge (horizontal lines appear)

Notably, it does not happen when viewing videos on Netflix from either browser)

Based on prior research I've found that similar problems are attributed to video card incompatibility, codec issues or interlacing... but the documented issues were on Windows 7.   I'm curious if anyone else has seen this since upgrading to Windows 10.

I've checked my video drivers and they are up to date.  Have not found a update to the codec.   Anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the issue that you are facing with the incompatibility on screen definition. We are glad to help you.

Let me know this:

What is the make and model of computer?

Did you update the drivers from computer manufacturer website?

This issue may occur due to corrupt display driver. Please try below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Follow the steps to run Video play back troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
2. Click on View all from left navigation pane.
3. Click on Video Playback.
4. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Method 2: If still persists try to un-install and install latest display driver and check if it helps

Follow the steps below.
1)  Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
2)  Expand Display adapter, right click on device and select Uninstall.

I suggest you to download the latest video driver from manufacturer’s website and install.

Hope this helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Check the link below for a solution to this typical Sony Vaio Problem.

Distorted video after Windows 10 upgrade

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 5, 2023 Views 4,940 Applies to: