HDMI port not working after windows 10 upgrade

I just upgrade to windows 10 my HP ENVY dv6 Laptop and since then the HDMI port is not working.  Already try downloading drivers form the HP for Windows 8 and setting the compatibility to windows 8 but still not working.  When connecting the HDMI cable i could hear the sound on the laptop for the new connection but still no image on the TV.  Also try different cables and TV that were working before but they don't work on Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to help you further from here.

From the description of the issue, I understand that the HDMI port is not working after the Windows 10 Update.

Please follow the below suggested methods and see if it helps to resolve the issue

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

b)      Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

c)      Click on Troubleshooting tab.

d)      Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

e)      Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

f)       Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Method 2

Try to run the Fixit from the below link and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/hardware_device_problems/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0

Method 3

If the above recommendation did not help, perform the Windows Update for device drivers and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/all-drivers

(Note: Links relevant to Windows 8.1 also applies to Windows 10)

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, please feel free to write to us and we will be glad to help you.

Thank You.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Already try the 3 methods and still not working.  Please i need some help connecting my laptop to HDMI.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Already try the 3 methods and still not working.  Please i need some help connecting my laptop to HDMI.

This was a BIG disappointment also for me after upgrading to Windows 10.  Wasted a lot of time troubleshooting!  HDMI is used for business presentations - which now I cannot do.  One would think this would be a standard QA check from HP and Microsoft - such poor quality of effort and support! 

The solution my colleagues tell me, that is 100% guaranteed to solve the problem, get an Apple and forget this on going painful saga of software and hardware issues!  I think there is something to say about designing both the hardware and software.  I give HP and Microsoft till Sept 2 - then off to the Apple Store!

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue on my HP 2000 Laptop. Microsoft to fix this asap

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not all of us can afford to buy an Apple nor a new computer. They needed to get all the links out before the put a product online to the masses. Some of us are just don't have a lot of money to just go out and buy something new. We are just getting by.

Microsoft says this product was to make it more personal abl. But instead its a hot messy of confusion and it deleting Vidal  parts of our computers 

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

HDMI is not working due to your graphics card (NVIDIA or other) driver malfunction.

Re-install it manually designating the driver’s software folder.

Right click on the Start button > Device Manager > Display Adapters > Double click on Microsoft Basic Display Adapter > Properties > Update Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software > C:\Windows\Drivers\EXE\Graphics Driver (NVIDIA)\

After rebooting, in case your screen gets black, reboot repeatedly to reach Troubleshoot and then > Advanced options > Startup Repair.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure if Microsoft snuck in an update but my external monitor connected to my laptop via HDMI just quit working. It happened once before a few months ago but I don't remember what I did to fix it. This time I uninstalled the display adapter and rebooted and it started working again. (10/13/2017)

HP ENVY 17-J043CL

Windows 10 Home

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

FINALLY !!!!

method 2 worked.

Thank you Sayan_Ghosh

i highly recommend that Microsoft realizes these issues before burning away at its users valuable time.

i wasted over 3 hours on troubleshooting this before finding this post (the only one advising these methods). i honestly dont have time for this type of manure, will be updating windows next time only after backing everything up and having a backup computer in case you decide to release something that smells like amateurs butt sweat. 

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Amitai Stern says solution#2 worked, so I see Microsoft immediately discontinued the tool and it cannot be used. Updating Windows 10 just means Microsoft will break half the stuff on your computer - which is why they force you to do it and don't allow you to avoid their awful updates. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 16, 2023 Views 21,359 Applies to: