Google Drive not installing or connecting

Before upgrading to Windows 10 I had Google Drive on my Admin account login. I'm the only one on this computer, so there were no other login accounts created. GDrive synced and everything worked just fine. Once the install of W10, Google Drive stopped syncing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled fresh GDrive and the install gets hung up during the connection and simply stays in a perpetual "trying to connect" mode.

I decided to create a new login account (standard, not admin)...and GDrive worked perfectly. Installed, connected, and synced within minutes.

I'm not computer techy, so I need help... Can anyone figure out how I can fix my Admin account to let GDrive work again? Are there any settings I need to change or files that need to be moved? 

Hi Christy,

To assist you better regarding your concern, may we know if you have tried running Google Drive as admin? If not, kindly do so. Also, try unchecking the Run as Admin option and see if the issue persists. If it does, then it can be a compatibility issue between Google Drive and Windows update on the admin account. Kindly run Google Drive on a compatibility mode. To do so, follow the steps below:

1.  Open File Explorer
  2. Click This PC
  3. Click Local Disk (C:)
  4. Click Program Files (x86)
  5. Click Google
  6. Click Drive
  7. Right-click googledrivesync
  8. Click Properties
  9. Click Compatibility tab
  10. Click the check box "Run the program in compatibility mode for"
  11. Click Apply
  12. Click OK

Let us know how it goes.

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I just tried this but it did not work.  The backup and sync icon shows up in the task bar but when I do to connect it won't connect.  I've also tried running the program as an administrator.  Nothing has worked so far.  Suggestions?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just went to Windows 10 and immediately had problems with GDrive,

I installed a program on my laptop called "Backup and Sync" (https://www.google.com/drive/download/backup-and-sync/) which allowed me to finally sync information to my cell phone from the laptop.

Then I started having problems getting the cell phone to send, sync, the other direction.

I loaded an app on the cell phone called "Drivesync" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.drivesync&hl=en) on my cell. 

Everything is working great now, I tested GDrive both directions several times and had no problems,

No guarantees in your case but it worked for me.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 12,237 Applies to: