Fast startup

In Power options; show what buttons can do; there is an option for "fast startup":

I turn it on, save changes, but after I start my computer again, the option is turned off.

This didn't happen before, the only new thing I can think of is that I installed a backup program: Acronis 2016.

Does somebody know whether there is any relation between these two: Acronis 2016 and failure of fast startup option.

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated August 12, 2019 Views 5,302 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I reverted to Windows Pro without the update to 1511, and the problem about disappeared.

ATI 2016,6027 continued to disable the fast startup, so I downloaded and installed ATI 2016,5634, and it works fine.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Richard,

I've just seen that there is a further Acronis True Image 2016 update available for download, dated 28/4/2016.

It details amongst other things :-

'Acronis True Image 2016 disables Windows 10 fast startup'

as one of the fixes.

Its build number is 6569.  Interestingly I cannot find the Release Note anymore for my existing build version which is 6559!

I think I will upgrade to this latest build but first make sure I have created a 'Restore Point' in the hope I can revert back to build 6559 if there are any problems!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.