Display colors change after installing Fall Creators Update

After installing the Fall Creators Update on my desktop the colors changed.  My best description is that they became much darker.

Adjustments to the monitor's brightness and contrast settings did not help.

I checked for an update to my Intel HD Graphics 4600 card but determined that I was using the latest version.

I also looked at the the Events tab of the card's Properties.  There were several messages with Timestamps during the period when the Fall Creators Update was being installed.  The final one said, "Driver Management concluded the process to install driver igdlh64.inf_amd64_30bb1e5fe3e8a99c\igdlh64.inf for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0412&SUBSYS_06221028&REV_06\3&11583659&0&10 with the following status: 0x0."

Please advise as to what can be done to get my colors to return to normal.

Answer
Answer
Yes, that's correct. See this tutorial => https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4097-go-bac...

Others who've encountered similar problems and then rolled back found that Fall Creators Update (Win10 1709) wasn't offered again (which would suggest that Windows Update's detection engine "changed its mind" about the compatibility of your computer with Windows 10 1709). Don't worry about that yet...
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2020 Views 4,845 Applies to: