Question

Q: BSOD, WIndows 10 - system_service_exception (netio.sys)

Hello, first i would like to say sorry if my english is not good enough.

My laptop runs windows 10 x64, but a while ago i got BSOD, the code said system_service_exception (netio.sys).

I just want to know what happen with my laptop.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=44528A4BF0EF1512!1531&authkey=!AMquynzde5wLpWI&ithint=file%2czip

Thank you.

Answer

A:

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated. 

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

1. To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.

2. To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.

Method 2:

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

Press and hold the shift key while clicking on Restart at the login Screen (Bottom right corner).

1. Select Troubleshootand click on Advanced Options.

2. Select Startup Settingsand click on Restart.

3. After restarting, choose Enable Safe modewith networkingor Low Resolution Video.

Also check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters.

• If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (Try vice versa if it does not work).

• If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

Method 3: Update the drivers from the manufacturer’s website

Go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the latest drivers available for your computer model and then download and install them on the computer in compatibility mode.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Download the Windows 10/Windows 8 drivers from the Manufacturer’s website and install them in compatibility mode.

1. Right click on the driver setup file and select “Properties”.

2. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

3. Make a check mark next to Run this program in “Compatibility mode” and select previous version of Windows supported by the software, from the drop down list.

4. Then click on “Apply” and “Ok” option.

5. Then install the driver.

6. Then restart your computer and check how it works.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thanks & Regards,
AS

Did this resolve your issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

97 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 42010 Last updated: November 11, 2017 Applies to: