Bold, italic fonts, and emoticons in Edge

Hi all,

I use MS Edge because of its speed. Problem: in some forums, the Bold and Italic command buttons (on the forum page) don't work. I must manually insert [b]......[/b] and [i].....[/i] tags. They work for other forum members who use Windows 10 and Edge. The Emoticons don't work either. The Bold and Italic command buttons work on this forum.

Thanks.

P.S.

MS Edge is nowhere in the Category dialog area later on this page. It was a wild guess as to where to post this!!!!!!!!!! Fix it!

Hi Lee,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Microsoft Edge. I will certainly assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

Does the issue occur on Internet Explorer?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check.

The app troubleshooter will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, or if you're unable to open the Store, try running the Apps troubleshooter.

This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

Further you can try resetting the Microsoft Edge browser and check if it helps. Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

1. First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.
  2. After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.
  3. Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.
  4. Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
  • Browsing History
  • Cookies and saved website data
  • Cached data and file
  • Download history
  • Form data
  • Password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply, Anup. Neither solution worked. The App Troubleshooter didn't find anything. It did suggest I ask a friend. Clearing the History and other things didn't work. I haven't tried IE because I will never use it again. Isn't MS getting rid of it? I tried Chrome. Everything works fine with it.

Also, how does one find the topic you're currently trying to solve on this forum. There are so many things wrong with MS products, it's impossible to find the topic with just the ordinary filters. If it wasn't for my email notification, I'd never find this topic again!!

Even when you want to ask a question, you must drill down through the Participate header. Who was the genius who decided to hide such an important button. Why bury the Ask a Question button??? Then again, it is MS.

Notice how the Bold font feature works here? It doesn't work on all forums. It does for some. Is it a Windows 10 setting?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

Try signing in using a new user account and check if the issue persists

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check the issue status in the new user account. This would help us to analyze the issue to find the cause and resolution. If the new account works fine for you, add your Microsoft credentials to it and use it as your Microsoft account.

Create a user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

How to sign in with a Microsoft account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 3,857 Applies to: