Windows 10 Safe Mode - Admin Account Disabled

Hi there

I recently encountered problems with my user account not having admin rights so decided to restart the laptop in safe mode. The machine is now stuck always restarting in safe mode with the Administrator account failing to login. Laptop starts up in safe mode and at the windows login page, it shows the Administrator account with the error message below, "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator". I'm using Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3 laptop. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Wycan

|

Hello Wycan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The only way to get the admin privileges is through advanced options. I would suggest you to boot the system from a Windows 10 installation medium and then try the following steps from the advanced options.

If you do not have Windows 10 installation DVD, you may have to create one, boot the computer from it and then perform the following steps. To create installation media, you may refer to the article given below:

http://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

After creating the disc, enable hidden administrator from command prompt.

a) Boot from the Windows 10 installation disk.

b) In the “Windows Setup” dialog box that appears, set the Time and currency format, Keyboard or input method and the language to install and then click “Next”.

c) Click on “Repair your computer” from the lower left corner.

d) From the “Choose an option screen”, click on “Troubleshoot”.

e) Click “Advanced Options” in the “Troubleshoot” screen.

f) In the “Advanced Options” screen, select “Command Prompt”.

g) Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
net user administrator /active:yes

h) Close the command prompt, reboot and login to the account called Administrator.
{In order to disable the hidden administrator, type the above command by replacing yes with a no}

Boot to the system and check if you are able to find the old administrator account.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Harkanwar for the quick reply. I managed to resolve the issue by creating a Windows 10 bootable USB, booting from the USB, going into the Advanced Options (as you suggested) and performing a System Restore.

Ryan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2021 Views 11,575 Applies to: