This Forum said to run REGCURE PRO for an error. Thereafter, my Recycle bin no longer acceptrf any deleted file

Have looked but no posts addresses the Win 10 Problem.  Files seem to delete but I want the Bin feature back for protection.

How do I get this feature back in Win 10.  It was easy in Win 7 but nothing seems to work in Win 10.

Anyone?

Settings Personalization > Themes > Desktop icon settings

~
Microsoft Bob came back after a 20 year makeover, and with a new name. Cortana!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Most likely the only fix is not in the GUI but a another hack of the REGISTRY or a total reload of OS.

I call it "the wonderfulness of Windows 10".

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"This forum" can not say anything. Only individuals in this forum can say anything, and as with almost anything, not all individuals agree.

As far as I'm concerned, Regcure, or any other registry cleaner should never be run. They are extremely dangerous.Registry cleaning programs are *all* snake oil. Cleaning of the registry isn't needed and is dangerous. Leave the registry alone and don't use any registry cleaner. Despite what many people think, and what vendors of registry cleaning software try to convince you of, having unused registry entries doesn't really hurt you.

The risk of a serious problem caused by a registry cleaner erroneously removing an entry you need is far greater than any potential benefit it may have.

You also might want to read the section on the CCleaner Registry Cleaner here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/113382/how-to-use-ccleaner-like-a-pro-9-tips-tricks/

Let me point out that neither I nor anyone else who warns against the use of registry cleaners has ever said that they always cause problems. If they always caused problems, they would disappear from the market almost immediately. Many people have used a registry cleaner and never had a problem with it.

Rather, the problem with a registry cleaner is that it carries with it the substantial *risk* of having a problem. And since there is no benefit to using a registry cleaner, running that risk is a very bad bargain.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Let me get YOUR response straight.

Regcure site STATES: MICROSOFT PARTNER - GOLD DEVELOPMENT on almost every page.

Maybe they, Regcue and Microsoft fooled me. So be it. I will take your advice and no longer trust this Forum, nor Microsoft.

But it was ONLY MAYBE reasonable to ASSUME, since the FORUM, (with a URL: answers.microsoft.com/, a MICROSOFT LOGO and: MICROSOFT COMMUNITY)  ON THE REGCURE SITE, BOTH WERE  telling me "it is safe" for Microsoft products as I had exhausted other answers, and help on the problem.

So, instead of a lecture on Reg Cleaners, does anyone have AN ANSWER TO THE QUESTION:

WHEN THE RECYCLE BIN STOPS HOLDING DELETED FILES, IT THERE A WAY TO RECOVER THIS FEATURE? THAT WORKED?

SINCE MICROSOFT HAS NO ANSWERS.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried:

Rightclick the Recycle Bin

Proberties

Set the dot at "Custom size"

Mark the "Display delete confirming dialog"

Click OK

And then, uninstall the Regcure  Pro, and remember to restart your computer, even if it don't ask for a restart - allways a good idea, when installing/uninstalling a program...

For how long have you been sing the cleaner?

You could try a systemrestore to a point, where you didn't have it installed. Remember to get the computer and other programs updated again, and if some programs don't work after systemrestore, you have to reinstall them.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great idea about sys restore.

Yes, tried all those but I think my Win 10 listened to you,  IT WORKS.

Just had to get a response from the right person as this damn version knows who is the boss.  The first thing I did  was DUMP REGCURE as it also uninstalled some programs I just bought. Stupid thing. AND  never gave an accounting of what they deleted.

But have used CCLEANER  for a decade and never any issue but don't think they "judge".

You know, never USE NORTON.

in the past they were accused, rightly so, and others deleting other competitors software. Programs THEY did not approve of and labeled them malware or a virus.  I heard the outcry was so big, they stopped but don't trust now anyway. 

Maybe this is what Regcure does.

I hate when they do not ALLOW me to APPROVE before they"fix" by removing, they ALL try to hide what they delete.

iI now use Microsoft Essentials and not had any issues.

This is MIY PC(s),  bought and paid for and accept NO BIG BROTHER at 80 yo.

What ever you did  THANKS ..........................................

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

or was it "Sinner, heal yourself????"

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Last week this happened, started working, then tonight, stopped again.

In Win 7 it was easy. You could stop/delete then enable it would always start working.

This forum, the internet does not seem to have a fix or I have not found one.

Recycle bin is a good feature to have, so why doesn't anyone including apparently Microsoft.

This question/problem is in this forum but is always the last and unanswered post.

NO one knows how to make it work again?

No, the property are correct.

I went to the actual bin and lots of files were there but would not delete until I used the "dont send to bin," they all disappeared. but current deletes will still not show up in the icon.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2018 Views 228 Applies to: