Spatial sound and audio format setting changing on their own

Hello everyone, the issue im having is when i going into the properties for my denon avr-s920w i can go to advanced and change the settings to 192k sample rate or atmos spatial sound i have tried both.   However these settings do not stay this way they will get turned off several times a day reverted back to a dvd quality sample rate from either 192k or atmos setting.  I am connected to the Denon reciever via hdmi and the processor is the i7 with iris 6200 in it i have installed the most up to date drivers and this is a brand new windows installation less that 2 weeks old now.  As far as how i use this pc it is my media pc so i stream mkv and mp4 and avi from a cloud on my local network and i use netflix and the web for videos on youtube etc...  i dont think it matters but im using the klipsch quintet 5.0 sourround speakers with the denon......any help to make these settings stay would be greatly appreciated im open to anything even if i have to edit the registry...thank you

Hi,

There are different possible reasons why you're settings are not retained.  For us to determine what's really causing the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Was this kind of setup worked before?
  • When did the issue start?
  • Have you made any changes on your devices' settings prior to this issue?
  • Are you getting the same results when you're using a different PC?
  • Can you send us a screenshot of the settings that you're trying to change?

We'll be waiting for your response.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The previous setup was a different media pc and a different receiver but I was able to leave it on 192k Hz 24 bit rate..... As I stated in my previous post this OS installation is less than 2 weeks old and it started immediately after install both this media pc and this denon receiver are new and never before used....  I believe that also answers your 3rd  question.... 4th question I don't have another pc to connect here..... And 5th question no I won't post a screen shot but I'll tell you where the settings are..... Sound.... Playback devices....... Denon avr properties....... Advanced tab......... Default format drop down....... Not sure how helpful that info will be here though...... Thank you for looking at this issue 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What about those two checkboxes at the bottom of that screen. I don't really know, but the top one sounds like it will allow an app to change settings. Was it checked on the other media PC...?...

Mine, by default, are both checked. I haven't been watching the bit rate, though. I just now set it to 192K. It was 2 levels lower at 48K, which also is a default. So, it appears never to have changed, but I've only had this fresh install of v.1703 a bit. I did just put in a CD which opened & played in Windows Media Player. The bit rate did not change.

Can you post a YouTube site where you played something that changed your setting?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok to answer that last question both are checked and were checked in the past as well....i did some more testing and from what i can tell its not the sound source thats changing it but when i power cycle the receiver it puts it down to default settings .....not sure how to avoid that and i really dont want to just leave my receiver on all the time....thanks again for all of the help .....also wanted to add in i run my pc through the receiver via hdmi and then from the receiver to the tv via hdmi and i use the pc on the media player input selection for the receiver and the receiver is plugged into the ARC hdmi port on the tv hop thats enough info.....i did make sure i tested youtube .mkv from my media server both 6ch and 2ch videos and dolby digital+ via netflix stream none of those changed the setting only the power cycle.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok to answer that last question both are checked and were checked in the past as well....i did some more testing and from what i can tell its not the sound source thats changing it but when i power cycle the receiver it puts it down to default settings .....not sure how to avoid that and i really dont want to just leave my receiver on all the time....thanks again for all of the help .....also wanted to add in i run my pc through the receiver via hdmi and then from the receiver to the tv via hdmi and i use the pc on the media player input selection for the receiver and the receiver is plugged into the ARC hdmi port on the tv hop thats enough info.....i did make sure i tested youtube .mkv from my media server both 6ch and 2ch videos and dolby digital+ via netflix stream none of those changed the setting only the power cycle.

How is the default settings on the reciver set up ?

Does sound come through the tv if the reciver is off.

How is the equipment powered on, reciver,tv, pc or  other way.

Most digital audio needs a source output first to the receiving end,

hdmi, dts, dolby digital, dts-dolby digital connect.

If no source is being pushed to the reciver, in most cases it will

default to analog until a source is detected.

Win10 1703 creators update broke many drivers, software 

and only fixed some of this issue recently, but not all.

Hdmi uses  uncompressed audio, there is no compression

from source to endpoint.

With fiber,coax, analog the audio device needs to compress some of the data,

bit rate and depth, higher better sound, more work on the device, lower lsee work on the device.

Although your device can handle 192 kh, I would first lower it, as well as the depth rate to a medium 

setting.

I have a first generation creative x-fi card, it can  go to 96hz, 32 bit but for DTS interactive to work,

the bit rate needs to be 24 bit with 48000 hz  or the drivers will crash.

Looking at your cpu; how is the video-audio setup on the system, from the cpu, separate chip 

on the motherboard or physical cards ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It does sound like the power cycle of the receiver is responsible, as you say all is well when you leave it ON. Unfortunately, I do not have a receiver, & I do not understand that configuration. Kjl1956 looks to be more knowledgeable. Hopefully, 1703 just mussed a setting in the receiver which you can reset.

But I must leave it mainly in his & your hands.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 3,602 Applies to: