Sound Audio Playback Echo on Windows 10

OT- unwanted sound echo

Hello, I don't understand the new settings at all- it doesn't show anything that I actually need to see. I want to disable the strange echo/surround sound effect that I have, no matter what playback I disable or configure or whatever setting I change related to sound, this echo doesn't go away. I'm starting to get frustrated over this.

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below method:

Method 1:

Audio Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

1.    Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

2.    Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3.    Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

4.    Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

1.    Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2.    Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3.    Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4.    Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

5.    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

39 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi.

I had what I think is the same problem, and I used your March 2016 instructions, Arul, to resolve the problem, though the steps I did seemed like they wouldn't have any effect. I was happily surprised when the problem was fixed.

To be clear, here's the problem I had:

When my Dell Latitude laptop is docked, it played audio through its internal speakers in addition to any external speakers or headphones that were plugged into either the audio jack on the docking station or the laptop itself. However, it played the audio on the external device on a slight delay from the internal speakers -- less than a second, but enough to really garble spoken word and drive me a little nuts.

Here's what I did. I went into Control Panel > Troubleshooting > Troubleshoot audio playback. From that window, it suggested I would need to "Open enhancements" and do some manipulation in there. I clicked "Open enhancements" and it brought me to a window that looked identical to one I've spent much time in already -- Audio device options. It was set on "Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio)" (I have a Dell laptop.) I left all the settings in there alone, and OK'd out of the window. The troubleshooting wizard said a restart of Windows was needed. I closed the troubleshooting wizard, and then Windows brought up this message that made me think the problem wasn't really fixed:

"Troubleshooting has completed. Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found. You can find more details below. Problems found: Audio device isn't set as default - Not fixed; Audio enhancements didn't load - Fixed."

Imagine my surprise when a restart did the trick.

27 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 23, 2024 Views 96,686 Applies to: