missing components group policy editor

I've been trying to enable Reopen last browsing session. I have a brand new Win 10 home laptop. I've finally got group policy editor installed and some options/folders are missing. local computer policy/administrative templates/windows components/internet explorer/internet control panel . This folder only contains folders for security page and advanced page. I need a folder labeled "General Page" to enable Reopen last browsing session. I have the same list under internet control panel in the user configuration menu. How do I add folders (and their contents) that are missing from the group policy editor?

Hello Ric,

To resolve your concern about missing Internet Explorer folders in the Group Policy Editor, please download the Administrative Templates for Internet Explorer from the link below:

Administrative Templates for Internet Explorer

Let us know the results.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You can also use  RSoP.msc 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

this morning I turned on my computer and windows was updating. when I tried to use several of my programs they wouldn't work. I tried to run gpedit and it was gone. I tried to restore the computer and ALL MY RESTORE POINTS WERE GONE! assuming I can rewrite my os and if after another week of set up, oh and if by some other miracle i'm able to get gpedit back installed, how do I install the templates I just downloaded?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What you've experienced may well be the result of installing a Windows function--the Group Policy Editor--in a version of Windows that's not intended or designed to use it.  Just because you can get it to install doesn't mean that it will work properly or not screw something else up.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It may be possible that the system protection isn't turned on. To check, go to the Control Panel, search for Recovery, and then select Recovery > Configure System Restore > Configure and make sure Turn on system protection is selected.

Also, check out this link for a more updated troubleshooting steps with the missing Group Policy Preferences.

Missing Internet Explorer Maintenance settings for Internet Explorer 11

Let us know the results.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, Group Policy Editor is not included with Windows 10 Home.

If you downloaded it from the web, it may be that the version of Group Policy was from a different OS, such as Windows XP, (As evidenced by the older-looking file icons) and may not include more current options.

If this answers your Question, Please Click "Mark as Answer." I have experience with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10, and Windows Insider Preview.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2024 Views 6,956 Applies to: