How do I turn off the keyboard clicking sound in Windows 10 for the long-term?

I have a new computer with a wireless keyboard and mouse.  Every time I depress a letter or shift key I get a click, the caps lock key has a piercing tone.  I can temporarily disabled sounds by holding down the right shift key for about eight seconds. Unfortunately, every time I restart the computer the clicks are back.

Does anyone know how to disable keyboard clicking sounds in the Windows 10 settings? 
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about turning off the keyboard key tunes, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key, type keyboard and select Ease of Access keyboard settings
  2. Under Toggle keys, turn off Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock.
  3. Sign-out from the current user account, sign-in and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

194 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Thank you for your prompt reply.  Your suggestion solved half the issues.  That is, it turned off the piercing noise I would hear when I pressed the caps lock button (and apparently the number lock and scroll lock which I don't actually have on my keyboard). 

Unfortunately, the clicking still remained which sent me to look around in the Ease of Access keyboard settings where I found the other half of the answer... under Filter Keys, there is a switch to turn off "Beep when keys are pressed or accepted."

Very happy thank you.

255 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2024 Views 82,020 Applies to: