Groove Music - alphabetical sorting by artist

Really like Groove Music but for some reason, one particular artist starting with the letter J shows up under Artists beginning with letter C.  Have checked the tags and made sure there are no discrepancies.  Removed the entire folder for this artist, restarted Groove Music.  Album and Artist deleted properly,  Stopped Groove Music.  Re-added the folder, all with absolutely correct tags, though one song collaborated with an artist named Common but was deleted from the artist tag and replaced only with John Legend.

Restarted Groove Music and it added the songs and album, again misfiled under letter C.  HUH???

Answer
Answer

Hello Norm

Belatedly, I have resolved my problem.

Right click on the offending title and then "edit album info". For some reason under "album sort artist" it was wrongly set to "various artists"; so I changed the entry to the setting as below.

In fact, this is a very powerful and amazing setting.  Eg an album by Debbie Harry, could easily by sorted alongside Blondie.

Although it's a brilliant feature, in my case, it did cause problems when it went wrong. 

Anyway, all sorted now !

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 4, 2021 Views 1,745 Applies to: