Feedback & Diagnostics Settings

I was running the Windows 10 Troubleshooter and afterwards I was going to give some feedback but when the page went to the Feedback & Diagnostics page the error message (shown in red) "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" was at the top of the page and my options to change my settings were greyed out. I had this problem previously but for the life of me I can't remember how I fixed it. I've Googled everything I can but nothing has helped. I'm running Windows 10 Home so gpedit.msc isn't an option. I do have iolo System Mechanic running on my PC and laptop so it may have made some changes to both but I'm unsure how to undo those changes to see if that helps. Any suggestions on how to reset these settings in the Privacy/Feedback & Diagnostic settings would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

When you log in, what level is your account?

Is it a 'Standard' user or an 'Administrator'?

I believe you will need to be in an 'Administrator' account to alter some of these settings, and they are greyed out for the 'standard' user.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I am the Administrator of my PC & laptop.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate the update.

At times, Windows 10 users may see a message "Some settings are managed by your organization". When they go to change some options in the Settings app. You could see it in the Windows Update section, Windows settings or anywhere in general, where you as a user are not allowed to change the settings.

Follow these steps, and check if this could help us resolve the issue:

1. Go to search type gpedit.msc then click on. Select Run as Administrator.
  2. In gpedit.msc, go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Data Collection and Preview Builds.
  3. Find the Allow Telemetry item and click 2 times on to this page again.
  4. Change the settings Enabled. To change the menu bar into 3-Full and click Apply.
  5. Now open this up again and change the Settings Not configured and click Save button.
  6. Restart your PC.

Let us know with the results.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"I do have iolo System Mechanic running on my PC" Open System Mechanic, in side menu select Toolbox then Protect in the tools section scroll down and select Privacy Shield, enable Personal Data collection and sharing. 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 29, 2024 Views 2,460 Applies to: