BSOD Error: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" on Windows 10

Please find below attached pictures which is my current headache after mypreview build14366 This problem facing since2015 there is no second chance to keep my apps.. several times i experienced with this and nothing i did wrong after my restart-problem is existing and not resolved yet. The message is a stop code.I am mainating my windows Proprly at regular basis.using Kaspersky anitivir. updaing windows and all  everyday..

Recovery option cant applicable

Reset NA

Diagnose and sfc done 

Issues found but cant repaired

Guys your valuablecomments are invited

Hi Sumesh,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

Is this error message displayed when the PC starts?

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

Unplug all external devices like printer, flash drive, scanner etc., (except mouse and keyboard) connected to the computer and restart the system to get to the desktop screen. Once you are on the desktop screen ensure to install any pending updates and also update all device drivers from Device Manager. Do remember to restart the computer once this is done.

You may refer to the below article on how to update the drivers in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-update-drivers

You may install all the pending updates and check if it helps.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Reference:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/blue-screen-of-death-bsod/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

Troubleshoot blue screen errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

If you think an app, update, software or a driver that you recently installed or uninstalled caused problems with your PC, you can restore Windows back to an earlier point in time, called a restore point. System Restore doesn’t change your personal files, but it might remove recently installed apps and drivers.

Step 1: If you have enabled/created a restore point of the system, I suggest you to perform System restore by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to Restore from a system restore point from the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: Though it is said that System Restore does not affect your personal information such as email, documents, photos, videos, etc., but there is highly possible that some of your personal files are deleted while system restoring.

During System Restore, there may be errors and such errors may cause damage to the files that are present in the system. And, computer shutdown during restoring process may also lead to file loss. Sometimes when System Restore is failed, it may lead to loss of important files as well.

Step 2: After performing system restore, install all the pending updates on your PC by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.

2. Select Update & Security and select Windows Update from the left side panel of the screen.

3. Click on Check for Updates and wait for the update to download.

4. Close the window after the updates are installed and check if the changes are effective.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Sumesh,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

Is this error message displayed when the PC starts?

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

Unplug all external devices like printer, flash drive, scanner etc., (except mouse and keyboard) connected to the computer and restart the system to get to the desktop screen. Once you are on the desktop screen ensure to install any pending updates and also update all device drivers from Device Manager. Do remember to restart the computer once this is done.

You may refer to the below article on how to update the drivers in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-update-drivers

You may install all the pending updates and check if it helps.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Reference:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/blue-screen-of-death-bsod/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

Troubleshoot blue screen errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

If you think an app, update, software or a driver that you recently installed or uninstalled caused problems with your PC, you can restore Windows back to an earlier point in time, called a restore point. System Restore doesn’t change your personal files, but it might remove recently installed apps and drivers.

Step 1: If you have enabled/created a restore point of the system, I suggest you to perform System restore by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to Restore from a system restore point from the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: Though it is said that System Restore does not affect your personal information such as email, documents, photos, videos, etc., but there is highly possible that some of your personal files are deleted while system restoring.

During System Restore, there may be errors and such errors may cause damage to the files that are present in the system. And, computer shutdown during restoring process may also lead to file loss. Sometimes when System Restore is failed, it may lead to loss of important files as well.

Step 2: After performing system restore, install all the pending updates on your PC by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.

2. Select Update & Security and select Windows Update from the left side panel of the screen.

3. Click on Check for Updates and wait for the update to download.

4. Close the window after the updates are installed and check if the changes are effective.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Dar sir  

Thanks for your immediate response 

But my computer is currently dead

I cannot Boot from HDD o don't know what is the cause.

After several attempts it is showing the same error message...(which i wrote as subject)

I'm trying for recovery.

Sfemode is booting properly 

I disabled the display drivers deleted the existing verifier files sfc scan found 5 error was showing the issues cannot resolved  

After my recent attempt for reseting pc without removing personal files was success upto 67% but it was reached a particula portionthe same error message appears and restarted

I don't know what went wrong

It was running properly at 15.30 hrs  and i did a restart.....after that it happened

Hoping your immediate response as soon as possible 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

First I suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the computer as this has been known to slow down the performance of the computer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
1. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to shut down the computer.
2. Restart and check if the reset is still going on.

If this doesn't help, I would  suggest you to use the Windows 10 DVD and perform Reset PC.

Method 2: Reset PC through windows 10 DVD

Please refer to the links below for more information on recovery options.

Disclaimer: Note that the "keep my files" will keep your personal files but delete your apps, drivers and settings while the "remove everything" option will remove your personal files, apps and settings. Make sure to backup your data and files before you initiate the reset.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Looks like ntfs.sys caused it so it maybe hard drive related

Turn it on and off 3-4 times, so the menu comes up. See if you can get into safe mode

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 18, 2021 Views 33,541 Applies to: