After applying the latest anniversary windows update my system loses all network access WIFI and LAN
The network connections page is empty! Totally stuck, luckily had a restore point which restores connectivity.
- WIFI card in device in device manager
- Device working properly
- Nothing in network center (should be)
- Ipconfig /all shows my Wifi afapter but it says Media disonnected.
- Ping always says Transmit failure
- Device is Realtek and it had USB ports which still works
- Restore to pre update fixes problem although Network still looks odd
Removing and reinstalling device
- Disabling windows defender and firewall
- NETSH ip reset etc
- IPConfig /renew and IPConfig /release
- Troubleshooting network problems - says could not fix try powering off etc.
- Win 8 box upgraded to win 10 and insider program
- Had Malwarebytes installed, uninstall didnt help
- Only way to fix is to restore back to before windows update
What the ****, its like being back in the old Win98 days! any suggestions?
Update: So had to resort to fully disabling Windows Update because it totally breaks the network on every auto update. Not ideal. I dont even know if it will let me re-install Windows 10 because I upgraded an old Windows 8 version using
the Insider program.
I have 5 years of programs that I will lose either way so I guess I will just never be able to update W10.