windows 10 won't show available wifi networks

I just had a large update.  I can still connect to any wifi I previously connected.  Nothing I do will show any network.  Icon bottom left hand of tray just gives options trouble shoot or network center.  In the setting I click show avaible networks and nothing ever happens.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

If your computer can connect to the previous WiFi networks automatically, but there are no network names showing on the network list, then this could be an issue with the network discovery. To check if this is the case, open the Control Panel, go to Network and Internet, click Network Sharing Center, and click Advanced sharing settings, then check if the Network discovery is on. If it's not, select Turn on network discovery, then click Save changes.

If the issue persist after enabling the network discovery, you can follow other helpful steps from this article: Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance regarding this concern, just send us a reply.

944 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

still nothing is showing up in available networks list...........i read the whole article....none of the method is working out....i even reset my pc, this also didn't solved the problems..HELP Plzz

639 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If there are still no network names showing after turning on the Network Discovery from the Network Sharing Center, you can try turning on the Network Discovery for All Network Profiles through the Command Prompt. Open the Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key + X on your keyboard, then select Command Prompt (Admin). Once it's opened, type the command netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="Network Discovery" new enable=Yes, then hit Enter.

After that, you can close the command prompt, then check the networks again.

Let us know the outcome.

204 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Marque , that also didn't work for me.....can you please suggest me another solution....HELP PLZZ

163 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are experiencing this problem and that's what we are going to figure out. This type of issue normally happens when there's a hardware failure or a software change made on the computer prior to this concern. Before we proceed with the troubleshooting steps, we would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Did you notice any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
  • Are you getting any error messages when searching for your wireless network? If so, can you send us a screenshot? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
  • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
    1. Click on the Start menu.
    2. Type winver.
    3. Press Enter.

69 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To whom this may concern,

I am also having this issue where I cannot find or connect to any wifi networks on my computer despite changing settings in the device manager and even attempting to use command prompts in Windows Powershell. Please could someone help me!!

Kind regards,

Jaky

151 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

An outdated network adapter driver is one of the possible causes why you're unable to connect to your Wi-Fi.

To isolate your concern, kindly answer the following:

• Is this only happening to your computer? Have you tried to connect your smart phone or a different computer to see if the issue persists?
  • Have you made any hardware or software changes to your computer?
  • What's the make and model of your computer?
  • Which operating system are you using? Is it Windows 10?
  • What happens when you connect via Ethernet?

If you're using Windows 10, you may follow the series of troubleshooting steps on this link. Focus on running the Network troubleshooter, update, roll back, uninstall and reinstall the network driver.

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After the windows 10 update, when i go to show available networks, it only has the option for airplane mode and does not have any available wi-fi networks. Ive reset the modem, ive enabled network discovery.. Nothing is working and i cant get online. Please help

574 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem.  I recently received a large update and now no wifi networks are available to connect to.  I see exactly the same thing of only airplane mode.  I have tried the steps suggested and nothing works.

I also noticed after the update, that sleep mode no longer works properly.  If you wake up the computer, the processing "circles" just stop after about 5 seconds, and you have to perform a hard power down.  Then power up to get the computer to boot properly.

I am using an Acer Aspire 5600 U

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

131 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Let me add:

• when trying to scan for networks, or troubleshoot, you get an error that it wants to be connected via ethernet cable.  No option for wifi
  • it's like wifi is somehow been disabled.  This is an all in one, and does not have a wifi button that I can find like on a laptop.

Thanks

479 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 27, 2024 Views 1,269,985 Applies to: