Windows 10 - Service Host Delivery Optimization using too much bandwidth even while turned off.

I've followed the current instructions on how to turn off Delivery Optimization from the Windows Updates Advanced settings And I have used a few powershell commands ( sc ) to try and STOP the service, but nothing is working.

I'm on a very limited Rural Wimax connection with a top load of 5mb down or thereabouts.  MY pc is the only one right now chewing up all our available bandwidth and the only process that is taking all this up is Delivery Optimization.

What can I do to get this process stopped or controlled better of when it can use the net connection.

Answer
Answer

We can also disable the Delivery Optimizationoption by using Local Group Policy Editor. To do this, we suggest that you follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R key on your keyboard to open the Run box, type gpedit.msc, then press Enter.
  2. In the left pane, click Administrative Templates, WindowsComponents, Delivery Optimization. Afterwards, different Delivery Optimization options will appear on the right side of the window. Kindly refer to the screenshot below:
  3. You can modify and configure the options under Delivery Optimization. There are three options that you can choose, you can set it to Not Configured, Enabled, and Disabled. For example, you want to modify the Maximum Download Bandwidth (in KB/s) you can set it to default value 0 as unlimited or choose the value that you preferred. To disable a setting under Delivery Optimization, you just need to choose Disabled from the options. Kindly refer to the screenshot below:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 23, 2020 Views 9,206 Applies to: