Question

Q: Windows 10 Fall Creators update causing Wi Fi issues

I downloaded the October 2017 release of Windows 10 Fall Creators update, and after the update my Wi Fi will not let me turn it on, and it always say no connections found. I turn it on and it goes right back off. I have an Intel Duel Band Wirless-AC-3160 card which I just went to intel and downloaded the latest release driver for my wi fi October 16, 2017 release. And still no Wi Fi. When I roll my laptop back to previous version of windows my Wi Fi works fine. Is their a bug in the new roll out of Windows Fall Creators update? And help would be appreciated. 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Thanks Robert, I have tried all the troubleshooting steps in the article, and had no success restoring my wi fi. I have downloaded the Fall Creators update 3 times, each time I lost wi fi ability, each time I revert back to previous version of windows, my wi fi restores and works fine. I have the latest version for my Intel Duel Band Wireless-AC 3160 release date of October 2017 version 18.33.9.3 and still no wi fi with Fall Creators update. At a loss here. I spend all day yesterday troubleshooting to no avail. Thanks for your reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

8 people were helped by this reply

Just a follow up. I spoke with the MS help desk, was redirected to tech support in India, he told me to re-install Windows Fall Creators update 1709, a fourth time,and he would do a remote connection and install a driver for my wi fi that came with the
new update, to make it work, he seen this issue before, and he would call me between 9 am and 10 am Saturday morning, 28 Oct 17, I waited for the call, it did not come, so I went out for lunch and missed the call that actually came at 12:01 pm, he did leave
a message, said he would call back in 15 or 30 minutes. I brought food home so I was here about 12:15, waited and hour sent two emails to inform the tech I was home. Waited an hour and no call back. So I called Ms Help Desk again with my service number, the
guy I spoke with was not very helpful AT ALL, he told me "If Fall Creators update doesn't work for you, then don't download and install it" I was stunned because I want the update and my wi fi working at the same time. Anyway the person at help desk was going
to direct my call, put me on hold for well of 45 minutes, I was feed up and just hung up. NO support from Microsoft for me that day. So I rolled back my fourth install of 1709 and everything works great only took 14 minutes, but soon as I was done rolling
back, Fall creators version started downloading through windows update, a 5th time, not sure how to stop that from happening. I am still open for any help available. I can usually troubleshoot and fix quite a few problems but this one, I'm just spinning my
wheels.  P.S. I also wrote a tread about my issues on Facebook Microsoft Windows (India) support web site, a few days ago, still no reply. Hopefully someone will come up with a fix. Thanks and have a great day. My Laptop is a 17.5 Dell Inspiron, 5755, quad core AMD A8, 12 GB of ram, 2 terabyte hard drive, Intel Duel Band Wireless-AC 1360. I bought it last year. So one would think it is new enough to handle the new Fall Creators update. 

Sorry this didn't help.

6 people were helped by this reply

Hey dude! Not only you...I'm facing problems too. Read about that here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connectify-hotspot-not-working-after-fall-creators/54f9ffe5-3883-4c72-a263-2cae1b67eb02

You just should report it to feedback hub, so Microsoft Engineers will look after this issues and will fix them as soon as possible. 

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

Update, Microsoft support Tech did call me back and told me Microsoft is aware of the issue of Wi Fi not working after Windows 10 fall creators update version 1709, she said a lot of other people are having the same issue, the tech told me the engineers at Microsoft are working on a fix for the issue and I should revert back to previous version of windows and disable windows update. She said they would call me when the fix is ready. She said it would be about a week, that was about 3 weeks ago. Still waiting for the call. 

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

I agree, the FCU is causing problems in several areas on one of my 5 systems.  The fact it seems to turn on Airport mode is a problem because I always have to turn that off and then sometimes the Wi-Fi is still disabled and I get the message about do I want to turn the Wireless on Manually or after some time period.

Microsoft has told me my 7 month old Dell system is not compatible with the FCU so I will wait until I see some fix.  Otherwise, once my wireless connects it seems to work OK but I have no experience with that Intel Wireless card. 

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

Lol these people from Microsoft support is stupid sometimes, I have Surface Pro 4 and I have the same problem. And I don't thinkthis device is not supported 

Sorry this didn't help.

After two Fall Creator upgrade attempts, both resulting in no network connectivity (ethernet and wifi), I went through all the requisite steps.  I finally decided to see if my network adapter manufacturer might have a solution.  What I discovered is that my antique laptop (Toshiba Satellite 105, circa 2005) has a likewise old wifi adapter that Intel stopped supporting in 2013. So, my guess is that Microsoft is requiring mods from network adapter manufacturers that isn't going to happen for my antique-that I am really proud of by the way, too bad Toshiba exited the market. My next step is to see if there is a usb adapter that will get around this, while I search for next antique.

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem is not only with antique laptops, but with new laptops also. I have a Dell 5755 which is less then 2 years old. With an intel duel band AC-3160 wireless adapter with the latest driver from intel, who states it is compatible with Windows 10. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail. Microsoft techs told me nothing could be done because the problem was with the fall creators update. She told me the engineers were working on a fix, I should roll back to previous version and disable windows update, until they had a fix for the issue. The tech told me the fix would be a week or two, and that was over a month ago. I haven't heard anything since the last time they called me. Everything worked fine on my laptop with version 1703, then when 1709 was released I lost my wi fi, no connections found, when I rolled back to 1703 my wi fi returned but my camera does not work, and one drive either. Still waiting on Microsoft, and with windows update disabled. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having this problem. It crashed two if my computers.   I trued all if the troubleshooting.  Any word frim Microsoft?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 5,659 Last updated: June 16, 2018 Applies to: