Windows 10 and Blueyonder sync-ing

After upgrade to W10, sync-ing to my Blueyonder email account is not occurring properly.  Instead of showing all of my folders and emails, as my previous version of Windows Mail did, all of my emails, form the beginning of time now appear, unread, in my inbox.  No folders appear either.  How do I fix this? 
|

Windows mail?  Was this in vista?  Or did you mean something else?

What app are you using in win 10?

In order to help you effectively we need to know exactly what email system you are using.  You can see the differences here

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Sorry for the delay in replying.  I had a pre-arranged lunch date booked with family.

I'm not especially technically-minded, but hope this explanation will help:

1) My blueyonder (virgin) email account appears to be intact, standalone and unaffected.

2) I'm attempting to access it via the Windows 10 mail app., which in your example appears to be proprietary software. The properties of that app. indicate that it's 'Mail and Calendar Version 17.6020.42011.0'.

3) This process appears to simply replicate (via the sync) my blueyonder account in Windows (without some of the features, e.g. creating folders).

4) I had used the same type of software in W8.0 and W8.1 and everything was fine – accessing, folders and synchronising with my blueyonder account.

Hopefully, there’s a simple solution..!

I appreciate your help.

Bill

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again,

I think I may have found a way to remedy this.  Trawling through the internet, I found this article, which talks about virgin media email settings for web browsers:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=2706&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=National

I deleted my invalid W10 email account, then went to the 'advanced settings' in my W10 mail, and tried POP3 settings.  That didn't work, so I tried the IMAP4 settings.  These appear to have created my folders and inbox ok, so I'm now in the process of refreshing or sync-ing all of the folders manually.  Early indications suggest this may work..!

I'll drop another post once the sync-ing is finished to confirm that all seems ok.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 2, 2021 Views 1,389 Applies to: