Wi-Fi dropping and the KB3116908 Update.

Since recently updating, my Wifi suddenly drops my private network and can no longer find the network connections. 

I have attempted re-installation of Network drivers via Windows Update.  Then tried the drivers straight from Dell specific for my Wifi card. Did netcfg commands as found in previous threads; still doing.  The problems still persist.

Had errors installing this update with my firewall (ESET) on my other laptop that I fixed, so I tried that on this desktop.  Same problem. 

In the Event Viewer, I'm seeing a cluster of Services that "terminate unexpectedly" every time the wifi drops:

• Network Connection Service
  • Network Connection Broker Service
  • Device Association Service
  • Program Compatibility Assistant Service
  • WLAN Auto Config Service (seems to be the main culprit that drops Wi-fi capability)
  • All of these have either Event ID 7034 or 7031.

Wi-fi is re-established and functions normally when restarting the WLAN Auto-Config Service, and after a certain period of time (usually every ~15-30 minutes), these same errors pop up and Wi-fi is again dropped.

So far, Uninstalling KB3116908 resolves the problem with no more symptoms and errors as described in the Event Viewer above.

Anybody else have this same theme as above?  Is there a solution yet?  Hate having to use the Hide Update troubleshooter on this brand new Dell PC.

Question Info

Last updated January 9, 2020 Views 1,320 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to refer to the article below and try the troubleshooting steps provided and see if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.