why does edge keep going to the bottom of the page

why does edge keep going to the bottom of the page. When I go to a new page edge will open at the bottom of the page .then a have a scroll up.

Question Info

Last updated July 17, 2018 Views 2,359 Applies to:
Hi Harrisonjw,  

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue. 

Please provide us the screenshot of the issue for better understanding.

Refer: How to include a screenshot in your post.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-windows_programs/how-to-include-a-screenshot-in-your-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

Note: Make sure you hide all the personal information from the screenshot before posting

As of now, let us try to browse inPrivate in Microsoft Edge and see if the issue persists.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/browse-inprivate-in-microsoft-edge

Also, try to delete the history and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you better.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem.  I cleared my history (Browsing, Download & Cached Date & Files) is it necessary to clear the cookies & saved website date? Then when I go to certain websites I have to recertify and go through all these steps again.  After clearing the above, every website I go to in Edge, after it finishes loading, it takes me to bottom of the webpage and I have to scroll all the way back to the top.  There is no need for a screen shot, I go to a webpage and it goes straight to the bottom.  Isn't there a setting for this that I might have switched?

Sorry this didn't help.

It worked...before I only restarted Edge.  I restarted Windows 10 and then it worked (???).  I still do not get how that issue can occur...it seems like that is a setting that was changed.  I just looked up on how to have Edge automatically clear my history whenever I close Edge (as I had set in IE) but that is not an option in Edge.  It would be smart to bring that option back!!

Sorry this didn't help.

I found that Edge jumps to the page bottom only when Caret browsing is turned on. You can turn it on or off with the F7 key. When it is on, at least on my laptop, the Home key will make the curser jump to the page bottom instead of to the top. Go figure...

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

My Caret browsing was not on...was it on before?  IDK...in any case, I am (((currently))) not having the issue anymore. But thanks for the Caret insight, I will remember that for future issues.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I found that going to :

Change Mouse Settings --> Pointer Options --> UNCHECK 'Enhance Pointer precision'

works.

keith

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar problem my page scrolls down and will not return to the top of the page!!  How do I fix this??

Sorry this didn't help.