Unable to remove bluetooth device on windows 10

Hello

I am running windows 10 64bit, and have a BeeWi BH100 headphone paired to my PC.

The device was unable to connect and I tried to remove it via the Bluetooth settings menu. It said removed failed at first, but later I was able to remove the device. However the device doesn´t show up as available to be paired and keeps on reappearing each time I turn Bluetooth on and off.

I also tried deleting via device manager, and it again reappears on its own every time I scan for hardware changes or reset my Bluetooth adapter. I have turned my Bluetooth adapter off, and click show hidden devices and tried to delete it, but when I turn the adapter back on it reappears. I tried removing the Bluetooth Enumator, Human interface drivers and AV remote and restart my PC, but it didn´t solve the problem.

I also tried setting Bluetooth services to automatic and log on to Local service, without luck.

There is nothing wrong with my headphones as it connects to my phone without a problem...

Is there anyway to forcefully remove the device and restart the pairing from scratch, as the conventional methods do not remove my device.

Question Info

Last updated November 14, 2019 Views 76,444 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I had same problem for about 2 days. then i found that "Device Association Service" was not running and was disabled by me few days ago.

i enabled it, and restarted and boom, i was able to remove my device and reinstall it.

1. press windows + r key
  2. type msconfig and press enter
  3. go to services tab, look for Device Association Service and enable it
  4. click ok
  5. restart.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Mr. Pipster

I reached the same point you did here. Did you succeded to fix the problem ?

Thank you in advance 

Adriano

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem.  Bluetooth mouse stopped responding.  Still shows as paired.  If I remove it in Bluetooth Settings and reboot, it shows up again.  Tried removing all bluetooth devices in Device Manager, did not fix the issue.  Deleted all three entries in the Registry settings and the mouse still showed as Paired under "other devices".  Very frustrating because it cuts into my productivity to not have a mouse.  Hope someone figures out a fix soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem.  Bluetooth mouse stopped responding.  Still shows as paired.  If I remove it in Bluetooth Settings and reboot, it shows up again.  Tried removing all bluetooth devices in Device Manager, did not fix the issue.  Deleted all three entries in the Registry settings and the mouse still showed as Paired under "other devices".  Very frustrating because it cuts into my productivity to not have a mouse.  Hope someone figures out a fix soon.

Finally got the device to stop showing up as Paired, but now it shows up as discoverable, but cannot connect.  This is odd, though, because I can pull the battery from the mouse, so I know it's not powered on, but it's showing as a discovered device.  Something is hung up somewhere in the registry.  What a pain.  I have no idea what to do next.

Sorry this didn't help.

Finally got the device to stop showing up as Paired, but now it shows up as discoverable, but cannot connect.  This is odd, though, because I can pull the battery from the mouse, so I know it's not powered on, but it's showing as a discovered device.  Something is hung up somewhere in the registry.  What a pain.  I have no idea what to do next.

Like using a sledgehammer to kill a housefly, I ended up using the "Fresh Start" option and more or less reloaded Windows.  Even after that, the mouse wouldn't recognize completely.  I had to remove it from Device Manager again along with all the other bluetooth entries and reboot.  

The mouse was able to connect and it works now.  But, I'm spending the morning reloading all my applications and setting everything up again in Windows.  What a terrible option, but the only one that worked.  Knock on wood I don't have it happen again. 

Microsoft, please fix this?

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

a.       Press Windows key + X.

b.      Click on Device Manager.

c.       Click on View.

d.      Click on Hidden Devices.

e.       Search for the Bluetooth device.

f.        Right click on the Bluetooth device and click uninstall.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

clicked on view, no hidden divices listed.  running windows 19.

Sorry this didn't help.

wewwwww finally managed to sort this out.

My symptoms:

- Previously working bluetooth speaker (UE BOOM 2 in my case) stops connecting

- Windows 10 'Bluetooth and other devices' menu shows the device as Paired

- Pressing connect makes it attempt to connect but fails then it goes back to Paired

- Remove device hides the device from the menu, but as soon as you turn bluetooth on and off, or restart the computer, the device comes back

- You pull your hair out.

Solution that worked for me after much, much unsuccessful internet trawling and one system restore:

- Download this 7 year old command line bluetooth toolset: http://bluetoothinstaller.com/bluetooth-command-line-tools/

- Install it, make sure you enable the option to "Add Bluetooth Command Line Tools directory to path"

- Open Powershell

- Put your device that isn't working properly into pairing mode

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING COMMAND WILL UNPAIR ALL BLUETOOTH DEVICES

- type in "btpair -u"

- Boom, all of a sudden Windows asks me if I want to allow pairing to my device that isn't working

- Hit yes, successfully connected again

- Cry tears of joy

God I hope that helps someone else.

37 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

wewwwww finally managed to sort this out.

My symptoms:

- Previously working bluetooth speaker (UE BOOM 2 in my case) stops connecting

- Windows 10 'Bluetooth and other devices' menu shows the device as Paired

- Pressing connect makes it attempt to connect but fails then it goes back to Paired

- Remove device hides the device from the menu, but as soon as you turn bluetooth on and off, or restart the computer, the device comes back

- You pull your hair out.

Solution that worked for me after much, much unsuccessful internet trawling and one system restore:

- Download this 7 year old command line bluetooth toolset: http://bluetoothinstaller.com/bluetooth-command-line-tools/

- Install it, make sure you enable the option to "Add Bluetooth Command Line Tools directory to path"

- Open Powershell

- Put your device that isn't working properly into pairing mode

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING COMMAND WILL UNPAIR ALL BLUETOOTH DEVICES

- type in "btpair -u"

- Boom, all of a sudden Windows asks me if I want to allow pairing to my device that isn't working

- Hit yes, successfully connected again

- Cry tears of joy

God I hope that helps someone else.

It Worked!!!
2 weeks trying to fix this issue with Microsoft technical support without results... the problem was with a Microsoft Sculp Confort Wireless Mouse. We tried everything from reinstalling Bluetooth drivers to repairing windows installation.
THANK YOU!!!

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Worked fine for mee too.

Thanks

Adriano

Sorry this didn't help.

Worked for me too. Thanks.

It's really a shame that this bug is still not being fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.