Temporary dns error. How to fix?

"Temporary dns error". How to fix? 
Today i got on my windows 10 and I went on google chrome and YouTube wasn't working so i decided to delete chrome and reinstall it (I thought it was chrome bugging out) so I went on Microsoft edge and it gave me the "hmmmm...can't reach this page" "temporary dns error" "INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND" so I tried to fix but NOTHING works please help me fast. 
Answer
Answer

I have had a similar problem for the last three weeks, after trawling the net I got nothing that fixed the problem and some of the possible fixes were very involved. It was just a few websites giving the old "HMM cant reach this page" etc

Then I remembered that windows has a HOSTS file from my days encountering something similar on windows 7, so I checked where it was located in windows Ten and found it. I copied it to my desk top and opened it. It was full of entries that I really felt shouldn't have been there, if you have ever seen a standard MS host file you'll understand what I mean. I got a clean example of what a standard host file should look like from MS website, deleted all the entries and copied the standard entries back into the file then I copied it back to the correct location. What do you know? it worked....this was so simple. I haven't encountered any issues so far and I'm happy with how my EDGE is performing. Now I don't want to miss lead anyone thinking it a cure all for DNS errors but it work for me. Incidentally the website that were getting errors were NHS Jobs, CWU union and uk pensions . gov. I needed these sites and it was getting close to imperative that I access them, every other website worked in my Fav's except these. I have created a short cut to the host file just to check and changes, my windows defender center reported no issues or virus threats so don't know what caused it to fill up. But it worked for me.

I hope this helps other PC users.

David

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 20, 2024 Views 30,603 Applies to: