Proxy connection failed

Hello, 

So I've been facing this proxy connection failed issue frequently that I wanted to punch and break my laptop. It usually occurs when the Windows updates itself. So usually I uninstall the update and run on the previous version on which it was working but sometimes right after using the internet, I put my laptop on sleep and then wake it up later on it shows proxy connection failed error again. I tried turning off the proxy from settings but I turns on when I close the settings and open again. I also tried removing proxyenable, proxyserver and those values from the regedit, didn't help. I cannot access LAN settings from inetcpl.cpl as it shows "Some settings are managed by the System administrator" when I'm the admin of the System. Please do help. 

Hello, 

So I've been facing this proxy connection failed issue frequently that I wanted to punch and break my laptop. It usually occurs when the Windows updates itself. So usually I uninstall the update and run on the previous version on which it was working but sometimes right after using the internet, I put my laptop on sleep and then wake it up later on it shows proxy connection failed error again. I tried turning off the proxy from settings but I turns on when I close the settings and open again. I also tried removing proxyenable, proxyserver and those values from the regedit, didn't help. I cannot access LAN settings from inetcpl.cpl as it shows "Some settings are managed by the System administrator" when I'm the admin of the System. Please do help. 

Hello, 

Please run Network Adapter troubleshooter from Settings app > Update & security > Troubleshoot. See if it helps you.

If issue still persists, try to perform Network Reset:

1. Open Settings app, click Network & Internet > Status > Network reset link.

2. Now click on Reset button on next screen.

3. In confirmation prompt appearing next, click Yes.

Let us know if this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP, since 2016 · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, 

1. Click on start and then type cmd. Once got the CMD right click on it and run it as an Administrator.

2. Type the commands one by one :-

1. netsh winsock reset 

and hit enter. It will ask you to restart your system. Please restart.

2. netsh winhttp reset proxy

and then press ENTER. Restart your system. Your issue will be fixed.

Thank you.

Sanghati Barman

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, 

Hello, 

Please run Network Adapter troubleshooter from Settings app > Update & security > Troubleshoot. See if it helps you.

If issue still persists, try to perform Network Reset:

1. Open Settings app, click Network & Internet > Status > Network reset link.

2. Now click on Reset button on next screen.

3. In confirmation prompt appearing next, click Yes.

Let us know if this helps!

Yes it did. But once I shut down my laptop and then after an hour started it again, it went back to showing the same thing. So it doesn't seem like a permanent fix. 

Thank you for the temporary fix but I'm fed up with this message being so frequent. Hope you can help. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, 

1. Click on start and then type cmd. Once got the CMD right click on it and run it as an Administrator.

2. Type the commands one by one :-

1. netsh winsock reset 

and hit enter. It will ask you to restart your system. Please restart.

2. netsh winhttp reset proxy

and then press ENTER. Restart your system. Your issue will be fixed.

Thank you.

The second step showed "direct access (no proxy server)" but after restarting again it's showing the same ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 23, 2024 Views 491 Applies to: