Popup windows open on primary monitor

I know this has been asked in the past, but I'm wondering if there has been any work done to try and resolve...

I use a dual screen PC and a website that brings up a popup window to confirm an action and it always opens the popup on the primary monitor, even though my main Firefox window is open on my second screen. I've tested this on multiple PCs.

This is using Windows 10 (latest updates) with the latest Firefox.

|

Hi mjruksheff,

You should contact the people and/or the company that does that website.  It's their code that determines where that popup window appears.  They would probably provide a better user experience if they avoid opening a new window and just used div region instead.

You may also want to try the Firefox support forum as well: https://support.mozilla.org in case there is a FF setting that will force new dialog windows to the same screen as the browser session that opened them,

Chris Miller @anotherlab
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP since 2013
Please click "yes" if you found my answer helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Would this be specific web code for Firefox, as this isn't an issue in Chrome. The popup will open on the same monitor in Chrome, therefore I assumed this issue was specific to Firefox.

I've raised this on the Firefox forums as well and they suggested raising it on the MS forums. I don't believe there's a setting which affects this behaviour, but perhaps the browser code needs to be updated to rectify this issue. Having said that, if it's no longer best practice to use popups in this way, perhaps it's an issue with Firefox that won't get fixed, or rather the website change is what's required.

Appreciate your input.

Kind regards

Mark

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2019 Views 88 Applies to: