Network Connections between two computers with Windows 10 Home

I have two computers installed with windows 10  home at each connected to local area network, the problem is that I cannot access a shared printer and access a shared folders on each.Please I need the solution for  this case.Thank You. 

Hello Isaya,

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

This issue might related to permission to share printer.

I suggest you to remove the network printer and try adding it again and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Make sure that, the printer is shared on the network in the primary computer.

Step 2: Remove the network printer.

a) Type Devices and printer in the search area on the task bar and select Device and Printer.

b) Select the printer and click on Remove Device button.

Step 3: Restart your system.

Step 4: Add the network printer again.

a) Type Devices and printer in the search area on the task bar and select Device and Printer.

b) Click on Add Printer.

c) Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected select the printer and click Next. If the     printer is not listed click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh C N

Microsoft Community.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have two computers running Windows 10 each connected to a local area network.  I can share files from one computer but cannot share from the other.  Can you recommend a fix?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2022 Views 3,503 Applies to: