Microsoft Edge Cannot stay logged in to Facebook

I cannot log in to Facebook with Microsoft Edge.  When I log in, it just returns to the log in screen again.

Question Info

Last updated August 6, 2019 Views 2,164 Applies to:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with respect to Microsoft Edge in windows 10. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

Method 1 

Run System File Checker scan and check if there are any system files missing or got corrupted.

Summary

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

System file check works on Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, and win 10 

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

I also suggest you to refer in the link below for more information about Microsoft Edge.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-get-to-know-microsoft-edge

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your quick reply. I tried system file checker and  it did not solve the problem.  Facebook is not the only site I am unable to access.  Amazon and others are causing the same problem.

Any other suggestions would  be greatly appreciated.  This is really frustrating.  It has been nothing but problems since the upgrade to Windows 10. 

Funny,  I was not having these problems when running the last developer build.  What changed?

Steve Rogalinski

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Steve,

I am sorry to know that you are unable to open websites using Edge. I understand your concern. Do not worry, it can be fixed.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try in other browser, like Internet Explorer, and check if it helps.

Also, try the steps provided below.

1. Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

2. Scan for damaged system files. Right-click the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin). In the Command Prompt window, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

3. If Microsoft Edge only crashes after some time has passed, try deleting cached data and files. In Microsoft Edge, select the “” icon in the top right corner and chooseSettings. Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear and thencached data and files.

4. Reset the browser settings by going to Control Panel >Internet Options > Advanced > Reset. Then reboot Windows.

5. Check for updates for Microsoft Edge within Settings.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.             

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Steve,

I am sorry to know that you are unable to open websites using Edge. I understand your concern. Do not worry, it can be fixed.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try in other browser, like Internet Explorer, and check if it helps.

Also, try the steps provided below.

1. Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

2. Scan for damaged system files. Right-click the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin). In the Command Prompt window, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

3. If Microsoft Edge only crashes after some time has passed, try deleting cached data and files. In Microsoft Edge, select the “” icon in the top right corner and chooseSettings. Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear and thencached data and files.

4. Reset the browser settings by going to Control Panel >Internet Options > Advanced > Reset. Then reboot Windows.

5. Check for updates for Microsoft Edge within Settings.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.             

Thank you for trying to help.  I've tried everything you said, and still no luck.  I am not having a problem with Microsoft Edge crashing; it will not allow me to log in to most sites.  After I enter my log-in information, it just reverts back to the same screen.  I also, apparently, can no longer download thru Edge.  I tried to download the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and got an error.  I had to use Chrome to download it.  Funny, I can't use Microsoft to download a Microsoft file, I have to count on Google to do it.  Google will have a field day when news gets to them about these problems.
Steve Rogalinski

Sorry this didn't help.

I just installed a Windows update.  I am now able to get past the Facebook log-in screen, but only by disabling saved passwords.  I'm not sure if that worked before the update or not.

Not a great solution tho.

I also found out that I can no longer download or open pictures with Microsoft Edge.

So so so SOOOO frustrating!

Steve Rogalinski

Sorry this didn't help.

I had same problem and found a solution! You need to disable blocking of cookies in advanced settings of Edge (More Action [three dots sign] >> Settings >> Show advanced settings [on the bottom] >> "Do not block cookie files") or sth  like that, I translated it on spot, coz I got polish version. Afterwards you need to restart the browser and everything should be fine. Hope it'll help you. ;)
Regards
Szymon Korzeniowski

Sorry this didn't help.

I just spoke with a Microsoft rep regarding this issue.  He was helping me do a clean install of windows 10 on another computer.  He told me to not use Edge at all.  There are many issues with Edge and Microsoft is working out the bugs. Use internet explorer or another browser

Sorry this didn't help.

I cannot log in to Facebook with Microsoft Edge.  When I log in, it just returns to the log in screen again.
It's working now.  Thank you Microsoft... get all those Edge bugs out! (Still cannot open some PDF docs)
Steve Rogalinski

Sorry this didn't help.

how did you get all the bugs out?  My sucks right now

Sorry this didn't help.