Major Issues after Windows 10 update kb4559309

This update was installed 2 nights ago. Since then my computer is extremely slow and my external hard drive will not work. I click on something and several seconds to a minute goes by before anythinng happens. I tried to close apps using The Task Manager and got a black screen that i couldnt get out of unless I did a hard reset. I tried to uninstall kb4559309 but Windows does not allow the uninstall option. I appreciate any help to fix this. 
What OS build are you on?  Hit the Windows key, type winver, hit Enter.
Or Windows key+r, winver, OK
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings,

My name is Rhaine, I'm Independent Community Volunteer . I’m so glad assisting you today
I am also Windows user. Let us work together to sort this out.

Install the updated Intel Chipset Device Software or Intel Server Chipset Driver from Windows Update:

a. Open Device Manager, and then click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager.
b. Select View > Devices by Type.
c. Expand System Devices.
d. Double-click the Intel chipset device from the list.
e. Select the Driver tab.
f. Click Update Driver.

Once done perform Clean Boot

This process will eliminate 3rd party application running in the background of your computer along with services that are not needed to run windows. If there's any conflicting 3rd party application that causes the issue on your computer, this process will stop it.

1. Open the run box by pressing the Windows Key + R and type msconfig

2. System Configuration Utility box will open and by default you are on general tab.

3. On the General tab, click the selective startup and make sure that load system service and load startup items both have checked mark.

4. Click on services tab

5. Put a check mark on Hide All Microsoft Services > This is a very important part as if you miss to click on this, computer might not boot properly or permanently and will end up on clean installation.

6. Once Hide all Microsoft Services have checked mark on it, click on Disable All

7. Click on the Startup Tab and click open task manager. This will open another window which contains all your startup applications on the administrator account.

8. Disable all application that you're not using. You can simply just click on them and select disable.

9. Click OK , Apply and close the configuration utility

10. Restart your pc and check how it goes

If still doesn't work, Please try to Perform a System Restore on an earlier date which everything was still working properly.

Press Start
Search for Create a restore point, and click the top result to open the System Properties experience.
Click the System Restore button.
Choose a different restore point. Click the Next button.
Select the restore point that you want to use on your computer. You can check the box "Show more restore points"
Click Next then Finish.

I hope the steps above helps. Have a nice day ahead and be safe. Please let me know how it goes.

With Warm Regards
Rhaine C.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OS Build 18362.900

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No problems with Edge Chromium here specifically on 4 of my Windows 10 devices, but this may explain why a fresh install on legacy hardware had trouble booting recently.
Windows 10 Pro Slow Ring

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't even want this in my system. It defaulted everything to edge and I don't want this. So how do you remove this out of the system? Have gone to the programs and deleted it out, but it still shows up in task manager processes. It has made my microsoft office outlook not start up at all. And the help advisor for office says that the server is down and everyone is having issues. But that isn't the case in my office. I have people that are able to use outlook with no issues. So please tell me how do I get this completely out of my system? It is NOT wanted.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 26, 2020 Views 3,031 Applies to: