How to disable WiFi Manager in Windows 10

I purchased an external USB wireless adapter with an antenna to boost my WiFi signal and range. I already disabled my laptop's internal wireless adapter, but I also want to disable the innate Windows 10 WiFi manager so that only the Realtek utility will be used. So far I have not been able to find any way to do so. Please provide instructions or tips. Thank you!

Hi,

The WiFi settings icon can be hidden so you can use your preferred wireless network manager on the computer. You can follow the steps below to disable the feature so it wouldn't appear on your taskbar:

1. Click on Start.
  2. Open Settings.
  3. Go to Personalization.
  4. Select Taskbar.
  5. Under Notification area, click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
  6. Switch off the ticker for Network.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello!

I followed your steps, and was unable to find where I am able to hide the icon. I was able to follow the steps up to number 3, and then in the System options there was no section labeled Personalization. However, I did find Personalization immediately in Settings, and then followed the rest of the steps to reach the area you were instructing me to reach. Unfortunately, all the radio buttons were already switched to OFF, including the one for Network. So this does not answer my question.

Also, since you seem to be suggesting I simply hide the icon, will your method also stop Windows from managing my WiFi connections? I don't want to simply hide the icon, but also want to make it so only the Realtek utility is managing my WiFi connections.

Thank you for your help so far!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The suggestion will let you utilize the program you want to use in place of the network management feature in Windows. Your computer will follow the actions you perform within the program for the adapter. Completely disabling the wireless management feature in Windows requires advanced configurations. We suggest looking into applying policies to attain the desired setup. You can also post on this page to get suggestions from IT Pro users who can help you apply the necessary configurations to be able to manage your wireless connections solely using the program you have.

Feel free to post your questions if you have any.

Regards.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To uninstall / disable Wi Fi Sense refer link below;

https://superuser.com/questions/979782/how-to-disable-and-remove-wifi-sense-sending-your-wifi-passwords-to-microsoft

Not supported or recommended by MS but your PC, your choice, your risk!!!!

A computer is a device, that requires human input to operate efficiently.
Alas we humans do fail!!!!

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2024 Views 5,910 Applies to: