• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

Help for firefox - application error (0xc000007b)?

richardkayKOT asked on

Firefox.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click to close application.

I am running Windows 10 with Firefox was set as default bowser - which was running perfectly until ?

Now every time I try and run Firefox there appears to be some connectivity / compatibility issue (0xc000007b) and there appears to be NO help or guidance on how to correct the problem. Any one got a fix?

Remembering that I am not tech just a simple user! Hope you can help.

86 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
NeoGTO replied on

Firefox.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click to close application.

I am running Windows 10 with Firefox was set as default bowser - which was running perfectly until ?

Now every time I try and run Firefox there appears to be some connectivity / compatibility issue (0xc000007b) and there appears to be NO help or guidance on how to correct the problem. Any one got a fix?

Remembering that I am not tech just a simple user! Hope you can help.

I've the solution!
-Go to https://www.mozilla.org/it/firefox/new/
-Click on "download firefox for another platform
-Click on "Windows 32 bit" or "Windows 64 bit" (the correct for your device)
-And procede to installation

Mozilla have 86 bit as default download...this is the problem!

Sorry for my english...I hope you can understand me ;)

48 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress