Google chrome

Suddenly I can`t open google chrome. The icon is there, but nothing happens. How can I fix that? I have Windows 10.
Hi Berit58

Your best option would be to uninstall and re-install Chrome, since it is not opening correctly ...

Go to Settings - Apps and uninstall Chrome from the list of installed Apps

Restart your PC

Then re-install Chrome from this link: https://www.google.com/chrome/b/?standalone=1

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Berit I'm Peter an independent advisor, perhaps your application is corrupt. Please follow the steps in this article to resolve the issue:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/chrome-wont-open

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

HiBerit58
Greetings! I am Andrew M, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.I'm going to suggest several steps Chrome does not work, then we can open the Windows task manager and force its closure. To do this, we look for the Google Chrome process, click on it with the right mouse button and select the End task option. Once this is done, we re-run Chrome and check that it works without problems.
If not, we must check if our antivirus is blocking the browser and why Chrome does not work. Sometimes, due to false positives of our antivirus, it may be blocking the browser and hence cannot be opened. To check if this is our problem, we can try to temporarily disable our antivirus and see if Chrome works again normally.

If none of this manages to solve our problem and Chrome does not work or it still does not open, then we can try to delete our user profile in the browser. To do this, open a window of the Windows file browser and navigate to the path C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Local \ Google \ Chrome \ User Data. There we look for the Default folder, make a copy and save it in another route as a backup copy and then delete it from the User Data folder. Once this is done, we open Chrome, go to Settings> Advanced Settings and reset the browser.

Another option, as we have indicated previously, is that some extension is causing this problem. To detect which one it may be, we can try to deactivate all of them and activate one by one until we find it. If we have a new profile, then we will have to reinstall them one by one and restart the computer after each installation to verify the correct functioning of Chrome. Google incorporated in its browser a tool to clean Chrome of viruses and malware, therefore, it does not hurt to try running this utility to clean the browser and check if that solves the problem. To execute it you have to open a Chrome window go to the menu, select settings and navigate to the option, advanced options> Recover settings and delete> Clean computer> find and remove harmful software.

And finally, if all this has not solved the problem, is to uninstall Google Chrome from our computer and reinstall it from scratch. Of course, we must make sure to delete our user profile before reinstalling it.
Any further doubts you might have, please let me know.
Best regards,
Andrew

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Berit58,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

If Google Chrome browser does not launch or start, here some ways to resolve the issue:

1. Kill Chrome from Task Manager
2. Check if your Antivirus is blocking Chrome
3. Delete User Profile in Chrome
4. Run Chrome in Safe Mode
5. Run Chrome Cleanup Tool
6. Reinstall Chrome.

1] Kill Chrome from Task Manager
Right click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager. If the Task Manager is not responding, you can use Alt + Ctrl + Del and then select Task Manager.
Under “Processes,” look for “Google Chrome” or “chrome.exe.”
Right-click and select End process.
Try relaunching the program.

2] Check if your Antivirus is blocking Chrome

3] Delete User Profile in Chrome
Open Run Prompt and type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data.
Hit Enter.
Look for folder name ‘Default folder’
Copy it to another drive as a backup, and then delete this folder.
Launch Chrome Again, and go to Settings > Advanced > Reset
Confirm.

You may have to sign in again with your Google account. All your data will be lost.

4] Run Chrome in Safe Mode

You may check by launching Chrome in Safe Mode. This will disable Chrome Extensions. it is just for precaution, and make sure you don’t get into trouble again. Since you have a fresh profile, you need to install all the extensions one by one. Make sure to relaunch Chrome every time you install an extension, and see if it works fine.

5] Run Chrome Cleanup Tool

Run Chrome browser’s built-in Chrome’s Malware Scanner & Cleanup Tool. It helps you remove unwanted ads, pop-ups & malware, Unusual Startup pages, toolbar, and anything else that spoils the experience by crashing websites by overloading the pages with memory request.

6] Reinstall Chrome

You can totally reset Chrome browser or reinstall Chrome again. Make sure to delete the user profile, and then install it.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,
Charles.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for answering!. I checked Tasklist and antivirus - that was not the reason  - and then restarted. That helped. Whatever went wrong...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for answering!. I checked Tasklist and antivirus - that was not the reason  - and then restarted. That helped. Whatever went wrong...

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Best regards

Berit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Berit58

Tasklist and Antivirus, I don't understand ??

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am glad that the information proved useful. Glad to be of service.

Best Regards,
Charles.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2022 Views 2,542 Applies to: