HomeGroup has been discontinued in v1803.
Fix Homegroup Password, Joining, Unjoining and Sharing Issues In Windows 10.
If you have issues joining the homegroup or resetting the homegroup password, **Then follow the instructions I posted below to fix the issue.**
This should work and how to fix it, this always worked for me. And then you can join Home group and it will show change password for future. You must follow procedures exactly.
**If you can, stop sharing all personal files and devices in homegroup on each computer. Make note of your password if you can or if you have it saved or written down is good. then UN-JOIN the Homegroup on all computers. Restart all computers and log on to them.
1. Open folder options and select in the VIEW TAB - select show hidden files folders and drives. Then UNCHECK the next 4 boxes below that to UN-HIDE selections. Click on apply and to all folders and close out.
2. **ADMIN PRIVLEDGES NEEDED**
**Do your main computer first and then all others in your Home network**
go to this location:
...and delete all the files and folders in this PeerNetworking folder. **DO NOT DELETE THE "PeerNetworking" FOLDER. Just all files and foiders in it.
3. shut this computer down. Then go to all other computers on your network and do the same thing and >>shut them down.
4. Then go back to main computer and start up, log on and go to Home Group settings and select join home group. You will get a new password. Copy and paste it on to notepad and save or write it down exactly as shown (Case Sensitive), and complete home group setup.
5. Now go to each other computer and go to Home Group settings and select join home group and put in password you just obtained. Once all are joined, go back to File Explorer/Folder Options - view tab -and select - DO NOT show hidden files folders and drives. Then CHECK the 4th box down below it to HIDE PROTECTED OPERATING SYSTEM FILES (RECOMMENDED) selection. Click on apply and apply to all folders and close out.
NOTE: You should make PC 1 the PC that you originally created the original Homegroup and password for if possible. If for some reason after completing process above, it says you are invited to a homegroup and asks you to join it, then enter the old password you have. But you should get "CREATE A HOMEGROUP" AND GET THE NEW PASSWORD and then enter it into other PC's Join Homegroup password. Once all computers are joined, then choose your personal files and media devices to share on each PC.
6. Now restart all your computers. My advice is to reboot your modem\router first and then restart all your computers.
7. It should look something like this when successful:
This should fix your issue.
More Helpful Topics and Tips:
Connecting PC’s and Users for Sharing XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10- Microsoft Community
Network & HomeGroup Setup and Sharing XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10 - Microsoft Community
Home Network Modem-Router & PC Security & Settings - Microsoft Community
Network Setup for Dynamic IP Addressing - Microsoft Community
Fix Homegroup Password, Joining and Unjoining Issues - Microsoft Community
How to FIX Missing Computer Icons in Network Folder - Microsoft Community
How to Install Devices & Software from Older Windows OS's on Newer OS's - Microsoft Community
Try to Fix System Problems During or After Windows Update-Upgrade - Microsoft Community
Recover Windows Hung Up on Boot or Update Installations - Microsoft Community
Fix IE & Other Browsers with Web Site Issues & Microsoft Account Access, Email, etc. - Microsoft Community
Set Up Internet Options for XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 - Microsoft Community
Editing Photos in Paint - Resolutions-Resizing, Adding Text and More - Microsoft Community
Add Quick Launch Toolbar To Taskbar In Windows 10 - Microsoft Community
How to Add a Pagefile to USB Thumb Drive - Microsoft Community
Stop Windows Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache Updated - Microsoft Community
Windows Media Player - Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily - Microsoft Community