Exporting Bookmarks from Edge to Chrome

I have a ton of bookmarks/favorites in MS Edge.  I like the browser.  I want to keep using it but I do need a way to export these to Chrome. I cannot find where they are stored and I cannot find a way to export an html file.

* * * * Try the newest version of edge. As long as you have Chrome installed you can now import your bookmarks into Edge.

I got mine in this week. Jan 31, 2017

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

We can help you import favorites from another browser to Microsoft Edge. However, you might have to check with the Google Chrome support to know on how to import favorites in the Chrome browser. Refer to the following link for better assistance:

Google Chrome help - Import or Export Bookmarks

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

9 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The answer does not lie with Chrome.  It can import favorites from pretty much anything as long as we have something to import.  But unless you all tell us how to EXPORT our favorites FROM Edge, we can't do that.  I've seen lots and lots of people on various sites asking this question and no one at Microsoft is giving us an answer.

What's up with that???

531 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

1- Find your favorites in the AppData\Local directory:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

2- Copy the files and paste in: 

C:\Users\[USER]\Favorites

3- In the Google Chrome import bookmarks from Internet Explorer:

Google Chrome help - Import or Export Bookmarks

4 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I've gone to the folders and mine stops at Default.  It's empty after that yet I have Favourites bookmarked in Edge.

7 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

You probably missed your company memo about its extensive and outstanding interoperability effort which you are undermining. Your response here is basically saying "we can help you bring your stuff to our products, but once you use our products you are locked-in, sorry!"

The fact that customers can read through it seems to elude you. Also, Microsoft user operations and technical support staff really need to understand the consequences of flooding forums with canned responses. You are losing your credibility, becoming an annoyance, and hurting the reputation of Microsoft.

Are you a community member or are you a member of the Microsoft staff? May I ask in what country you are based?

47 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

You finde them there

User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

27 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a software, named Transmute, that might help you to import bookmarks from Edge to Chrome or any other browser.

Other than this, there are not so cool options to accomplish this task till now. You may try to manually add Edge Favorites to Chrome.

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I find the need for this topic to show an absolutely huge lack of vision in the development of Edge.  There really is no way for the average Joe user to make a local backup of their Edge bookmarks.  That's pretty amazing.

Also, what about bookmarks that are placed in the Favorites Bar?  That's the only place I keep Edge favorites.  And, when I browse to the location below, I have no files at all.  And yes, I've got the show hidden files option set.

User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites

"loose" = opposite of tight; "LOSE" = opposite of find/win!

8 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

This works fine.  Switching to Chrome since too many things do not work in Edge; very sad.

5 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I find the need for this topic to show an absolutely huge lack of vision in the development of Edge.  There really is no way for the average Joe user to make a local backup of their Edge bookmarks.  That's pretty amazing.

Also, what about bookmarks that are placed in the Favorites Bar?  That's the only place I keep Edge favorites.  And, when I browse to the location below, I have no files at all.  And yes, I've got the show hidden files option set.

In the latest WIn10 updates, Edge bookmarks are no longer in the Favorites folder. They are in the DataStore folder:

...User\Default\Datastore   and deep down in that in a table called Spartan.edb which mere mortals like us cannot read.

But I have successfully moved a set of Edge bookmarks from one Win10 machine to another by copying the entire Default folder. Others have been able to copy just the Datastore folder which makes sense but I have not tried that yet.

Once the "target" machine's Default folder is erased and replaced with the copy, you should be able to see the Favorites by going to the Edge "Hub" and clicking on Favorites. Until that is done I have found that Edge does not know a new set is present.

I cannot imagine why Microsoft is making this so obtuse and difficult.

Good luck.

11 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 27, 2021 Views 62,627 Applies to: