Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3116900) caused my WiFi to become unstable

My issue originally came from the update:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3116908)

I went through multiple steps in order to discover the entire update was at fault, and after going so far as to restore my system to factory defaults and then upgrade it back to Windows 10, after installing that update my wifi worked intermittently.

Some steps I went through included resetting my network adapter, installing my drivers in compatibility mode, going into the network drivers and turning off power saving.

The only thing that worked was uninstalling that update.

Today the update Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3116900) came out and I was hopeful that this issue would have been fixed. After installing the update and rebooting, the exact same issue persisted.

Here's a link to the steps I went through before:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3116908) caused my WiFi to become unstable

Just to note, I'm using a Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 network adapter. It seems I've seen a few other posts with the same issue that involved this same adapter.

|
Answer
Answer

Thanks, Guys!  It seems that the update KB3124200 solved the wi-fi problem for my case (ASUS netbook, Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter).

Regards,

Sergio

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 4,440 Applies to: