Computers disappeared from network

Problem: Cannot share files between two computers on the same network anymore - Computers have disappeared from "Network" in windows explorer on both ends. Both computers are using Windows 10.

The files are still shared, the same as they have been for years. 

I can ping both ways across the network. 

Network discovery is ON on both computers. 

File and Printer sharing is ENABLED. 

Computers have no connectivity problems aside from not being visible. 

Computers are still not visible when Windows firewall is disabled, when antivirus is disabled, and when the router firewall is disabled. 

Homegroup has been bugged since windows 10 update, cannot be used. (Computer A sees a homegroup to join, hosted by itself from when it was still running windows 8, but Computer A cannot join a homegroup that it hosts, and cannot host a homegroup while it's trying to join one. None of it works for anyone.) Sharing files via the network has been working since the windows 10 update until a couple weeks ago when all computers vanished from windows explorer. What's funny is that I have software that relies on network sharing to access the host computer and that works fine. They seem to be connected, I just can't see the files to access them.

Question Info

Last updated January 27, 2020 Views 1,982 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Based on the outcome, the issue that you have requires a more advanced troubleshooting. In this case, we would like to recommend another forum where active community members and IT pros will provide additional assistance. To post your concern to the Microsoft TechNet forum, click this link.

Kind regards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.