Can't turn on/enable my WiFi (Only for my PC, all other PCs in my house, along with phones, connect fine.)

I'm going to tell this as a story, it will be a bit long. 

It's an Acer Predator G3-710 (Desktop PC) Windows 10

I boot up my computer this morning. We had had a couple power surges beforehand, but my computer is plugged into a power-stick that is a surge protector. When I turned it on, I noticed it was taking longer than usual, so I turned it off and on again while it was booting up. The power button has lights around it that are usually lit up. The whole time it's been on today, the light hasn't been on. 

All other computers in my house are working fine, as are the phones

I'm not sure if any of that mattered, but I added it in just in case.

So, when I log on, and go onto Google, it says it isn't connected to the internet. I go to Settings, and see that the Internet is turned off. I click the switch that says 'Off' (multiple times throughout the hours I've been trying to fix this), and a couple things might happen. Sometimes, I click the switchand it will move to the right, but then back to the off position immediately, no matter how many times you click it.

Sometimes it will turn 'on', but not really. It would have the thinking icon, and I would go to a different settings page and return and it's back to the off position.

I've Googled a bunch of stuff, and here's everything I can remember doing. I don't know the order, so it isn't in order.

• I reset the Network settings
  • I restarted my PC multiple times
  • I restarted the router
  • The troubleshooter told me that there should be a switch somewhere on the computer or function keys that I have to use to enable wireless capability, but I couldn't find either. I googled how to enable  wireless capability, came up with that ^, but also that I need to go to settings, click 'Change adapter options', and enable Wi-Fi, but the only option is to disable it, so it is already enabled.
  • I snooped around, looking at the adapter's properties (Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265)
  • I updated the 'Realtek PCle GBE Family Controller's driver
  • One site said to go to the Device Manager, click the adapter, go to advanced, scroll down to 'Wireless Mode', and make sure the value was correct. I went to anther computer in my house (All others working fine, as are the phones), and made sure the values were the same. They were. 
  • I changed the value for 'Wireless Mode', then changed it back.

A picture of the screen that comes up when pressing 'Change Adapter options' -- 

I am currently connected via an Ethernet cord to my router, which works fine. The only thing that seems to be broken is the computer's ability to have/enable wireless internet.

If anyone has a solution, please tell me. Thanks.

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Mixed Reality / Device Issues )

Hi Brenda,

There could be a lot factors why this issue is happening. Correct configuration is one of them. Try this article about: Fix Wi-Fi problems in Windows 10. This troubleshooting guide will help identify what's causing the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This is all basically other stuff that I've tried, or I don't think other things will do anything, or I did try them and they didn't do anything.

The problem is the one in here , the first one under Not connected to Wi-Fi icons. The first one, 'The physical Wi-Fi switch on your laptop or tablet is turned off. ' is impossible because it's a desktop computer, there is no switch. That is what the troubleshooter tells me to do, but there isn't one. The frequency one, I don't think is possible, because this mess started yesterday, before that, everything had been working fine. The last one, I tried what it said, messed around with stuff, and nothing really worked.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your response. We noticed that you have done a lot of troubleshooting steps. We just want to verify if the troubleshooting steps on this link about fix network connection issues were already done, If not kindly go through them one by one and check if the steps given will work for you. Please take note on the last three steps about uninstalling and reinstalling you network adapter, which is the most important part because it put will your settings back to default.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue. Did you resolve it? Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same pc, same specs. The same issue has happened lights do not turn on and takes longer to start up.

I tried all the steps also. Did you find a solution in the end? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I found a solution.

1) Turn off pc

2) Unplug power from pc

3) Wait 15mins 

4) Plug in snd turn on

*Light turns on and reboot speed back to normal.

*Wifi still not enabled. 

5) Turn wifi on in network settings.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2024 Views 1,866 Applies to: