Can't Connect to Wildblue.net

My tablet will no longer connect to my wildblue.net e-mail because "the security certificate has expired".  My pc does not have this problem.  Both are running Windows 10.
Are both devices running exactly the same version and build of Windows 10 as each other and are the mail apps the same version.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

What happens when you go to http://webmail.wildblue.net/ ? I get redirected and end up here:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Just an ordinary guy, with no fancy titles or boasts, who can't get enough of technology.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I'm Elise, an independent advisor and I'd be happy to help with your issue.

How are you accessing your email, if it is via a web browser can you try an alternative one to see if the issue persists?

Also can you check you have all the latest updates installed:

Start > Settings > Update

Kind Regards,
Elise

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I get rerouted to login.wildblue.net and get the same message.  Thanks. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

A 'security certificate' is proof that a website is actually the one you think it is. It's not a paper certificate, of course, it's digital, and based on internationally accepted standards.

Security certificates need to be renewed every year. If a website presents an out-of-date security certificate, a web browser won't allow the website to display, which is what happened in your case.

When a website presents an expired security certificate, that's usually - though not always - a sign of trouble. It is possible that the list of valid 'certificate authorities' in your tablet is simply out of date and needs to be updated. But not very likely, because the list of valid certificate authorities (aka CAs) is regularly updated when your copy of Windows is updated. That's why you got (valid) advice to update your copy of Windows. However, if your list of CAs was out of date, you would be having trouble with lots of websites, not only Wildblue.

It's more likely a problem on the Wildblue side of the connection. It's something Wildblue has to straighten out, in which case there isn't anything you can do about it. You can bring it to their attention, but I'm pretty sure they know about it by now.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Just an ordinary guy, with no fancy titles or boasts, who can't get enough of technology.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The pc is version 1903, the tablet is 1803.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Looks like Wildblue is having its problems, or perhaps doing maintenance:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So it is possible that version 1803 is not carrying out the proper check for the certificate or that 1903 is able to read it correctly.

The tablet is an old version, out of support now, as it is March 2018. Is there a reason it hasn't updated or has it not been able to update.

I'm guessing from the previous comments you are using a web browser to access your mail and it's the browser that will be checking the authenticity of the website. Are you using Microsoft Edge as your browser on the tablet?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 4, 2020 Views 267 Applies to: