Can't access to 192.168.1.1 on Windows 10.

Original Title: Can't access to 192.168.1.1

I upgrade my laptop to windows 10. When my wifi starts to get damage, I tried to access my IP address but it won't work.

Hello Henna,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

a.     Are you able to connect to the internet via wired connection?

b.    What happens when you try to enter the ISP address in the settings page, are you getting any error message?

Let us start with the basic troubleshooting steps to determine the cause of the issue. Check if you are able to connect to the internet using via wired connection. If you are able to connect to the internet via wired connection, I suggest you to contact the service provider to check if there is any settings changes to be made to the service page.

If you are unable to connect to the internet via wired connection, follow the below methods and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 1:  Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying if any of the network components are missing or corrupted in the computer. I suggest you to run the network adapter troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
  2. Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
  3. Select Network Adapter, click on Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically option.
  4. Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
  5. Check for the troubleshooting status, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the network adapters from Device manager manually by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Device manager from the context menu.
  2. Expand Network adapters and locate the wireless network adapter in the window.
  3. Right click on the wireless adapter and select Update this software from the context menu.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
  5. After the software update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Refer to the link below on Wired and wireless network problems(Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-81&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Write to us with the answer to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same issue with a different twist. I no problems getting to the internet. With a wireless connected laptop I can access 192.168.0.1. My desktop will not let me see 192.168.0.1. I've tried 4 browsers - get this message: This site can't be reached. Connection was reset. My network has three routers - the base and two pass thought remotes. I can access both pass though remote routers. My guess is an Win10 update is causing the problem. My desktop has Version 1703  build 15063.608. The laptop has an earlier version. I would not be concerned about this problem but the Windows apps load very slow on a 200+ MIPS connection. The same apps load faster on my old laptop. 

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 21, 2020 Views 8,914 Applies to: