Available WiFi networks not showing in Windows 10

When I click on the wifi icon in the taskbar, it shows up only saying network and internet settings and nothing else. I am not able to connect (and even see) any wifi wifi nenetworks. When I go to the settings and click on available wifi networks it shows up the same thing.I have searched the internet for solutions but haven't found one yet. Please help.

|
Answer
Answer
Hi AadityaSharma4,

Thank you for updating me that information. Kindly follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Method 1: Update Wi-Fi adapter drivers
1. Press Windows Key + R to open run
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the run textbox and hit enter to open the device manager window.
3. In Device Manager, go to ‘Network adapters’ and expand that section. You will find the WLAN card drivers here.
4. Right click on the device and select, “Update Driver Software”
5. Click on “Search automatically for updated driver software” to allow an automatic search. Connect to the internet via Ethernet for better results.
6. Let the computer search for the drivers and install them.

Method 2: Rollback Wi-Fi adapter drivers
1. Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box, then press Enter to open the device manager
3. In Device Manager, go to ‘Network adapters’ and expand that section. You will find the WLAN card drivers here.
4. Right click on your WLAN card device and then click Roll back drivers or from Properties go to Driver and choose Rollback Driver.
5. Allow the roll back. This will take you back to the previous drivers that functioned fully.
Note: If "Roll back drivers" is greyed out, then this is not applicable

Mehtod3: Uninstall drivers
2. Type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box, then press Enter to open the device manager
4. Right click on your WLAN card device and then click Uninstall.
5. Allow the uninstallation. This will clear the corrupt or incompatible drivers.
6. Restart you computer

Mehtod4: Run the hardware troubleshooter
1. Go to Settings.
2. Open Update & Security.
3. Navigate to Troubleshoot.
4. Click on the Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
5. Now, follow further on-screen instructions, and wait for the wizard to finish
6. Restart your computer

Method5: Turn on WLAN AutoConfig service
2. Type services.msc in the Run dialog box, then press Enter
3. Find Wlan AutoConfig and right click it and click Properties.
4. Select Automatic in Startup type, then click Apply, and click OK

Method6:Follow steps 1-3 in this link: https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/no-wifi-ssid...

For more troubleshooting methods, refer to this link: https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-cant-find-...

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Vincent Vismanos
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 28, 2021 Views 3,868 Applies to: