After November 2015 update to Windows 10 wifi networks show No Internet on Surface Pro 3

Hello,

After taking the November update to windows 10 the wifi on my Surface Pro 3 no longer works correctly. The available networks are listed correctly but after connecting they show "No Internet, Secured" or "No Internet, Open" once connected depending if it is a secured or open network. I'm unable to browse to any web sites or ping any domains.

This is a problem with wifi only, Ethernet works properly.

Any suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Answer
Answer

I just resolved the same problem on a Surface Pro 2, recently upgraded from Windows 10 RTM to the 1511 update (and from Windows 8.1 before that). I could see wireless networks, but when I connected, I had the message "No Internet, Secured". This was on my home network, and I previously had no problems connecting. I've done a lot of digging and tinkering, so I can't be sure of what all I changed, but I think the key was opening Start > Settings > Wi-Fi > and then under "Related Settings", choosing "Change adapter options". I noticed a Microsoft Bridge connection that I could not recall ever creating, and Google searches suggested was not necessary for my network. I disabled it. Then on the same screen, I went to my Wi-Fi connection, right clicked on it and on the context menu found that it was using the Bridged Connection. I disabled its use of the Bridged Connection. Then I right clicked on the Wi-Fi connection again and checked Properties, and found no protocols were checked. So I checked most of them - the ones I was pretty certain I needed - and then clicked OK. Lastly, I right clicked on the Wi-Fi connection again and disabled it, then re-enabled it to make sure the configuration was refreshed. When I attempted to connect to my home wireless network again, it worked!

Like I said, I have done a lot of tinkering over the past 24 hours when I first discovered the broken wireless behavior. And I was seriously contemplating resetting my device, which I did not want to do. So this was a big relief. Why the Bridge network was even there, I don't know. But the fix, in the end, was relatively easy. Hopefully this works for others.

95 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 21, 2022 Views 47,478 Applies to: