After Free install of Windows 10, Internet connection no longer works! PLEASE HELP!?!

Today July 29th at 10:00 Am Eastern Time, I installed my reservation free copy of Windows 10, on my Windows 7 Ultimate PC. After the upgrade, for some reason It only has limited connection (but nothing internet related works) via Ethernet cable. I ran troubleshoot to see what the problem is and to see if I could fix it. The troubleshoot gives me the error message: 

"There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area Connection adapter."....

But even after trying to fix these problems as administrator, the problem was not fixed.

I looked online for some fixes, and some said that the firewall might not let it go through. It was working perfectly fine before the update today and I am sure it is not my internet because all my laptops and another windows Vista PC is running just fine. 
I have uploaded a video via YouTube so that anyone who want's to *see the problem* can,

Thank you so much, and I really need this problem fixed.

Thanks!

LINK TO VIDEO

--------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzWQzCOSHrg

Question Info

Last updated October 11, 2019 Views 2,255 Applies to:

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 says I have to connect to the internet to activate, but I am connected.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-says-i-have-to-connect-to-the-internet/9a74b0df-6d5b-4334-afdf-e8e0338c4160?tm=1438202503434

Method 1:  Home group troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + W and Type Troubleshooting.
  2. From the list choose Troubleshooting.
  3. From the left pane click on View all.
  4. Choose Home group from the list and run the troubleshooter.
  5. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooter.

This troubleshooter will locate any issues with home group and try to fix it.

Method 2: Try resetting TCP/IP settings.

Refer to link below (How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility)

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

the only thing that worked for me was uninstalling all my antivirus's and VPN(HMA). It may only be the VPN thats the problem so try that first. I guess the version i have is not compatible with windows 10

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If your are still unable to connect to internet after upgrading to Windows 10, I suggest you install the network adaptor drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

1. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
  2. Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
  3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
  4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I too have just experienced a problem with my internet connection after applying an update (KB3081449). Before this I had no problems but now IPv6 is saying no connectivity. Any suggestions please?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I had upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10.

I had a similar problem with Win10 and Edge not working, yet IE working fine. Also all the Win10 apps were not able to connect at all!

I had also tried many attempts to reset the TCP/IP and all without luck.

Finally I realised that I wasn't able to Flush my DNS and discovered that the cause was that I had disabled my DNS Client (under services.msc) to tweak some settings in Win8.1. After enabling it everything worked perfectly fine again!

Hope this helps.

Best regards, Visti Larsen

Sorry this didn't help.

EVERYONE! The problem was that I had AVG taking over and blocking my Network Driver connection! Although I have went back to windows 7 (in which for some reason my product key was deleted... but had that fixed easily as well) and now I'm back and running windows 10 on the pc!

If only Microsoft would improve Windows Defender, people wouldn't need to get third party Internet Security programs, anyway the problem was fixed so the solution was simple. Uncheck the boxes that say AVG or any other third party internet security program from the Internet Driver... :)

Sorry this didn't help.