Wireless capability stays turned off

Hello there, I bought a laptop with windows 8 already installed and I upgraded to windows 10 with not one connection problem until today.

First of all, I decided to reset the windows 10 (in the end you choose a thorough process if you are to sell the laptop or a lighter if you are going to keep it.) The laptop restarted but stuck at 2% for 4 hours and then I decided to turn it off with the power button. Then it was restarting over and over again and I thought to download windows 10 to a flash drive in order to boot.

I installed the windows, did all the necessary updates but my wifi never switched on. I tried every troubleshoot and diagnostic tool, checked the internet for any ideas, but none worked. The network adaptor is Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC (driver version: 2013.12.1117.2014, driver provider-manufacturer: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. ). The result of diagnosis: Problem found. Root cause: Wireless capability is turned off. Detailed root cause: Radio is off (HW switch).

I can connect via Ethernet but the wifi is just dead. Hopefully you can help me out. Happy to provide any other detail you need. Thanks in advance.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We are glad to help you.

Method 1: Internet Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select Control panel
  1. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

2. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

3. Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter   

Method 2: I suggest you to update network adaptors and check if that helps.

1. Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
  1. Select Network Adapter and expand the driver icon.

2. Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

3. Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 5,346 Applies to: