"Windows firewall has blocked some features of this program" pop up very frequent on many programs

This issue started around 3 days ago and has been persistent since then. Basically when i launch a program, such as chrome, a pop up will appear saying "windows firewall has blocked some features of this program". You then have do check / accept it. It does the same thing on games that i play on my computer as well when i try to connect to a game server etc and has affected the possibility of me hosting my own server. I have tried to fix this by adding exceptions to the firewall and even disabling the firewall yet every time i re-open the settings the firewall is enabled again and any exceptions i have added are gone. I have also tried a full computer scan for viruses which found nothing.  Below is an example of the message that pops up. It is not just for arma 3 though but even for Microsoft's own programs like Skype. Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 15, 2019 Views 14,039 Applies to:
Any new updatss installed?
Regards,

Bart John Monaco

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

To troubleshoot your concern about Windows Firewall pop up, you can follow the steps provided here by Anju Thekkethil posted on July 6, 2016.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, my problem is exactly the same as Anju's. I've tried both step one (performing the scan with AVG) and step 3 and it had done nothing. I haven't tried step two but i dont think i have any third party firewall software and AVG firewall isn't enabled.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

http://www.kapilarya.com/windows-firewall-has-blocked-some-features-of-this-app-windows-10

Hope this helps, Good luck :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.